• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors First can order need advice

bhoges

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2003
Plainview,NY
Im looking for a can for my Vudoo V22 and a 2nd for use in several calibers. If I got a 30 cal will be work well on a ,308, 6mm, 223 ect? Whats a good brand and model? thanks

If your looking to run brakes on multiple rifles and just swap the can around then look no further then dead air.

I haveTBAC take down .22 on my Vudoo but I would hesitate to use a dead air mask either.

I went with an Omega for my rifle can but I swapped it over to the dead air mount. If I was doing it again I would have just gotten a Sandman S. That will work for everything your wanting.

I have a dead air mask on my sinister v22, crazy quiet and zero poi change. I also have a silencerco hybrid 46, it’s pretty good so far, the only down side is to buy all the adapters to use it on all the different guns I could of almost bought a second suppressor.

The baffle design has more to do with how well it works compared to bore size. A 30 caliber can will work with any bullet that is smaller. I use my 30 caliber can on 6mm and 224 and it sounds just as good as on a 30 caliber. A centerfire can does not need to be cleaned like a 22lr.

For a 22lr can it is a must it can be disassembled. Although you do not have to clean it ever time you shoot it will need to be cleaned eventually. I have a F1 can that had over 5k rounds through it and it still sounded good.

Reactions: bhoges
Another vote for Dead Air Sandman for your centerfire rifles. You can get a direct thread adapter for the bolt guns, and run KeyMo brakes or flash hiders on anything else. The 30 cal will perform nicely on 223, 300BLK, and I’d expect just as well on 6mm or 6.5mm (I don’t have either).

For 22LR, I’m a fan of a dedicated 22 can. They are more compact and better sized for 22LR hosts- both pistols and rifles. As others have said, has to be dissassemble-able for cleaning the lead crud out of it. I’ve got an older SWR Spectre II (before SilencerCo bought them) that has been great. There are a LOT more options out there nowadays, and many of the modular ones have my eye if I ever decide I need another one.

Im looking for a can for my Vudoo V22 and a 2nd for use in several calibers. If I got a 30 cal will be work well on a ,308, 6mm, 223 ect? Whats a good brand and model? thanks

Checkout the Liberty Regulator for a .22 can. It is real nice. Also bought a Q El Camino but just got the stamp back on that and haven't even taken it out yet. If I get another it would be the Dead Air Mask.

Sorry you said direct thread.. half Nelson. Or you could stick with the trash panda and just have it wear the cherry bomb all the time. Other good direct tread options are the ultra 7 DT, gemtech tracker, or harvester, which you could likely find for really cheap. Lots of good direct thread cans out there, eliminating the design challenge of creating a good mount opens up a lot of options.

The half Nelson or trash panda will give you a lot of versatility due to being light weight and durable, but the fact you’re looking for a direct thread can indicates you’re not concerned about high round count, so that opens up a lot of options as well.

Whatever you do, put it under a Trust. A Trust has way more long term value than filing as an individual. It can just be you filing the Trust as the only responsible member and add and remove people after processing is complete. Also pick a short title for the trust name as you must have it and your city/state engraved if you do a SBR.
I have direct thread Silencerco and SWR single caliber cans; it works well for me.

Reactions: bhoges