• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

PRS Talk First competition build almost finished...question

Bigdude

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2017
Birmingham, Michigan
I am currently building my first rifle that I plan to use for competition and hunting. So my goal was to keep it light as possible because I will be tracking through the woods with this rifle. Here is my build so far:

Current Build:
Remington 700 chambered in .260 Rem
Fluted and Skeletonized Bolt (by Kampfeld Customs)
MDT LSS Chassis
XLR Industries Tactical Lite Buttstock
Weaver Tactical Scope 4-20x50
Hawkin’s Precision Long-Range Hybrid Scope Rings
Evolution Caron Fiber Bipod
Daniel Defense Pistol Grip
Stock Remington Trigger
American Precision Arms Little Bastard Muzzle Brake (Gen I)
MDT .308 plastic 8 round magazine
AICS .308 10 round magazine

Future Upgrades:
Proof Carbon Fiber wrapped barrel finished to 24”
Blueprinting of Action
Trigger

From reading the F-class rules, it seems that muzzle brakes are not allowed. Is it possible to have a gunsmith seamlessly install the muzzle brake but still be able to be unthreaded, removed and then covered with a cap?
Rifle build.jpg

Last edited:
If it doesn't have to be seamless, the Area 419 Hellfire brake is easy on, easy off and very effective taming recoil.

If it doesn't have to be seamless, the Area 419 Hellfire brake is easy on, easy off and very effective taming recoil.

I understand that it does not have to be seamless but I prefer it to be because it looks better IMO. Also, I am aware that there are many "easy on/easy off" brakes, but since I already bought one based on my needs I do not need another.