• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing First coyote hunt turned goat f***!

Lofty

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2008
Lenexa KS
So I went out this Saturday on my first coyote hunt. I figured since moving to Kansas might as well take advantage of some of the local opportunities.

So I found a local farmer/rancher that was having some coyote problems...she raises goats and with her mothers dropping kids all over the place right now, the coyotes have been raiding her property hard and killing a bunch of the babies and ducks and geese as well.

So I enlisted some help from George over at GAP since he has a ton of hunting experience and a Fox Pro to draw the bastards in.

We set up in a couple different places and started calling with a couple different distress calls......

Me on 'yote over watch with the DTA.

G0050465_zpsf40c9d28.jpg

We relocated to a ridge line over looking a big piece of the property after having no luck....then George started playing the baby goat in distress, figuring thats whats gonna draw these dogs in since they have been hunting there anyways.

G0030443_zps7508397f.jpg

Well what do you think happened? We get flooded with goats coming to check out the source of the commotion. We ended up with a 300 pound Llama stomping around on alert for whatever was messing with the goats as well and George ended up with a 175 pound Great Pyrenees licking his face....right before he said "I hope this big dude is freindly"

GOPR0454_zps725577bf.jpg

GOPR0453_zpsa2d3bbd1.jpg

20131109_101623_zpsbea64468.jpg

Realizing we werent going to get any hunting done with goats and dogs climbing all over us, we moved to another location. George managed to call one in to the edge of a clearing about 900 yards away but didnt get a shot before he scooted into the brush.

So thinking that the day was a goat fuck and we were busted, we packed up and headed out. The 'yotes were too filled up on grasshoppers and mice I think to get them to wanna come out and play...too cautious.

So as we are pulling down the dirt road, what do I see.....a big male hanging on the hill top about 150 yards away. I stop the truck and George jumps out to grab his rifle while I try to get my video camera going but I didnt hit the button hard enough to start the footage. George blasted him but I missed the camera shot.

Oh well, maybe next time without the goats!

Last edited:
Lol, I don't know what is more epic in that second picture, the scenery or that sweet beard! Better luck next time.

Haha, looks like the kind of luck I would have.

You just can't make that kind of thing up haha...that goat close up picture is hilarious...reminded me of those dumb ass videos of the screaming goats in music videos...google Taylor swift goat...lol.

That was great, and loved the photos.
BTW, the same thing will happen (to a much lesser extent) when you blow a fawn bleat to draw in coyotes.
Mama deer get way pissed off.

Whereabouts did you guys hunt? I have a couple of decent WIHA spots but no private land access yet.

I forget the name of the town, its about an hour and a half west of northern KC. Its actually not that far....if there was highway heading straight out there.

Hit me with a PM and we'll trade off contact info. Next time we go, I'll get in touch with you.....the more the merrier.

That's pretty funny. It reminds me of a time a friend and I were calling for yotes. A couple of horses responded in much the same way. It got our attention!