• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First Custom Build - Australia Based

Other than load development/zeroing I will never shoot that rifle at 100 yards, I will shoot regularly at 600-900 and occasionally to a mile, optical performance will be better at the ranges where you genuinely need it. These velocities everyone is quoting for 6.5 must be decently over recommended loads out of longer than factory barrels if using decent long range projectiles. I do have a 338lap and a 300winmag for long range but what is the point of burning elevation range on the scope on the 6.5? With the set-up I am going for I can shoot my factory barrel with sensible loads out past transonic with the scope in a sensible part of its optical range where I actually want best optical performance.

I have the same scope - by the way, if he wants to sell anything else at 30+% below used market value, snap it up! - and I have a 20 MOA integral rail on the action and a 20 MOA mount. It is not causing issues.

Details:

That scope has 28.5 Mils of elevation adjustment, which equals about 98 MOA (just under). If you mount it flat, you'd be able to adjust both up and down about 48.75 MOA (or 14.2ish mil). When you introduce 40 MOA via rails and mount, it means you can now adjust up by 8.75ish MOA and down by 88.75ish MOA. So you still have room. You could not go to a 30 MOA mount and still get zero, but your 20/20 setup will work.
Whats real fun is you can run 60moa and zero at 25 with a 22

Btw. Spuhr all the way (coming from someone who runs a pair of vortex/seekins too)

Reactions: DaveOz
Other than load development/zeroing I will never shoot that rifle at 100 yards, I will shoot regularly at 600-900 and occasionally to a mile, optical performance will be better at the ranges where you genuinely need it. These velocities everyone is quoting for 6.5 must be decently over recommended loads out of longer than factory barrels if using decent long range projectiles. I do have a 338lap and a 300winmag for long range but what is the point of burning elevation range on the scope on the 6.5? With the set-up I am going for I can shoot my factory barrel with sensible loads out past transonic with the scope in a sensible part of its optical range where I actually want best optical performance.
My next build will be a 300 Norma Mag and I plan to swap my scope over to that for longer range work.

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
By the time you consider the Spuhr has a bubble level and the scope leveling wedge, not to mention its robustness and ability to be truer to the rail as a single piece I think it represents pretty good value actually.

Reactions: DaveOz
By the time you consider the Spuhr has a bubble level and the scope leveling wedge, not to mention its robustness and ability to be truer to the rail as a single piece I think it represents pretty good value actually.
Spuhr is a pretty well established name I feel, but then there is also the likes of TierOne and Era-Tac who have similar offerings that come with bubble levels and levelling wedges as well.

Another Quick Update..

Had a call from my smith today to confirm what barrel length I would like as my build begins tomorrow :D

We decided to go with 26.3 inches which is apparently the sweet spot for 6.5 Creed.

I will keep you guys updated and post any pics I get.

Another Update !!!!!!

So gunsmith has sent through photos, our barrel and break cerakote was not done because the lead time was just too long.

My local cerakote shop are able to do it and only a week turnaround time.

So here she is.

MPA BA Comp
Kelbly Atlas Tactical
Brux Heavy Varmint (26.3inch)
APA Little Bastard Gen 3
Bix&Andy Tacsport Pro 2 Stage - 90 degree trigger shoe.

Cant wait to get behind it and send a few down range :D:D:D

Thanks to everyone who's been following and or offering advice.

Attachments

• 20210517_160919.jpg
    20210517_160919.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
  • 20210517_160929.jpg
    20210517_160929.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
  • 20210517_160933.jpg
    20210517_160933.jpg
    897.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 20210517_160955.jpg
    20210517_160955.jpg