• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

first custom build

sgtusmc_nc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2009
north carolina
Hey everyone I just started my first custom build. I decided to build my 16month old son his first rifle. the specs are as follows, remington
*700 action, w/xmark trigger
* iron brigade armory heavy recoil lug
* b&c BCS 1000 stock in desert web pattern
* hart heavy barrel max hv. number 7 contour fluted
*badger orid. detachable magazine (1) 5 and (2) 10 round mags

right now the plan is for 243. Ive looked into 243ai, 6br but I think for my son LOL i'll just stick with the 243 good on varmits, good on the bench.

let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

Re: first custom build

Hey, that sounds like a nice, sleek setup. Where at in NC are you? We have a few around here that are in NC. Have you decided what type of glass your going to put on it? That should work quite well. What barrel length are you going with as well? The .243 is a great round. Good whitetail round too. Good Luck and remember to post pics when it is finished!

still waiting on the barrel to arrive I beleive it comes as a 30 inch blank. so im thinking 26. my idea is for him to be able to teach him propper trigger control,technique and sighting with the rifle from a bench mabe when he's 8ish. then later he can run matches with it.

he has a m1 carbine for his first deer rifle, haha what am I kidding both gun safes are his. He's our first so spoiled rotten.

as for glass a buddy at the pd said he has a like new leupold I think 6x18x40 and he isnt asking much. so either that or a bushnell elite 6500.

decisions, decisions

the rifle is done and looks great. I took her out on friday and completed the barrel break in. even though hart stated its not needed. I dont have a way to post pics of the gun but if someone can I will send them the pics.

i'll post them for ya pm inbound with email address

just figured it out thankyou though. lets see if this works LOL
1223091811.jpg