• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First day with my new FN SPR

jhr1986

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2012
SLCish, UT
I picked up my SPR A1 yesterday that I ordered from Mike @ Tac Cord. This is my first centerfire precision rifle; I've got a savage MK II TR that I bought to get started in bolt gun shooting about a year ago.

Great day at the range today - it was 67 F when I got to the range at 8:00 am today. Yes, 67 degrees. In Texas. In August.

Had tons of fun with the new rifle, I mounted and boresighted the scope yesterday so today I fired 2 shots on the 50 yard range and moved to the 100 yard range and fired 1 to zero it. I'll post all of my groups, but none of them are pretty. As I mentioned this is my first real precision rifle so I've got a lot of learning to do and the rifle can shoot a whole lot better than what I did with it today. That being said I was still pretty happy for my first day out.

First, the obligatory rifle pic:

image%2520%25281%2529.jpeg

First pic is the first group @ 100 yards. 5 shots, 1.258 MOA
Federal Gold Metal Match 168 gr
Shot at the top was for zeroing at 100.

tgt1.jpg

Second pic:
2nd group of the day is the bottom target. 168 gr FGMM, 5 shots, .881 MOA
3rd group is the top target. 175gr FGMM, 5 shots, .735 MOA

tgt2.jpg

Third pic:
4th group - top target. 175 gr FGMM, 5 shots, .639 MOA
5th group - bottom target. 168 gr FGMM, 7 shots, .773 MOA
6th group - middle target. 175 gr FGMM, 10 shots, 1.076 MOA

tgt3.jpg

Ha! We should start an FN support group. I have the same rifle from Mike. You will love it. What scope are you running?

I cant wait for mine to arrive!!!! I am going to send the stock back to McMillan to have them install an adjustable cheek pad on mine then have the gun finished by Hillbilly 223 in their HTAC223 camo pattern!!!