• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

gadbmw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2008
Rifle Colorado
Not sure who is more happy, my wife or me... but here is her first cow elk.

IMG_20121116_163711.jpg

305 yards with her favorite caliber 300wsm, it was my high wall - even tried selling it awhile ago - but now she has taken it
smile.gif
You can see the entrance hole, it walk 10 yards and fell over. She has taken a couple deer, and missed an elk but over the last 12 months has practiced and shot most of our precision rifle matchs, so she was VERY excited about this. 2 months ago she cut both tendons on her trigger finger, she was pissed in the ER that she would miss hunting season. Lots of prayers, some quick healing (or alot of pain tolerance) and she was able to go this last season.

We spent today processing it. Sorry for the rambling story but as her husband I am very proud.

Re: First elk

That's the funny thing about our girls, we teach them a what we know and they end up putting it to better use than we do!

I may have lost my new 7mag to my good lady!
smile.gif

Congrats to both of you. Her hard work has paid off. Is that a Ruger No1 she used?

cheers,
breeze

Good for her! Looks like a nice sized elk with a lot of good eating.

Congrats to Wifey:

Like your rifle, I have one in 45-70. Would be nice to find a High Wall in 270 Win.

The gun is a Winchester 1885 in the 300 wsm topped with a compact burris 3-9. I had some 180g barnes tsx's on the shell, so made a couple test loads and the rifle really liked them.

My father got one the night before, his ran 20 or so yards. It was a great hunting season for us, lots of good memories. Our daughter has 2 youth season cow tags for December so hopefully I will get to add a pic or two for her.

Nice cow! Love to see that gun safety in the pictures as well. I cant stand seeing rifles pointing in and around hunters for these pictures with the bolts closed.