• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First ELR Build

CBlack

Inquisitive
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2017
Covington, La
Finally got the rifle done. Next up is load development.

Bought the barreled action from @bjay.

300 Norma Magnum Improved - 30 degree shoulder
Defiance Deviant - 20MOA Rail
Bartlein gain twist - 9.25-8.5 - 29" - HP
Timney Calvin Elite - 8oz
McMillian A3-5
Ivey Mount - 60mil
Kahles 624 - AMR Reticle
x2devgroup's VFB

5592.jpg
5593.jpg

Reactions: TripleBull
Nice but what’s up with that scope? Seems a tad bit tall but what do I know?!!

I ran an Ivey mount on both my 338lm and 375ct with zero issues.The only reason I went to the Charly Tac was the scope height of the Ivey. I will say nice looking rig and the Ivey will let you dial past the range of the rifle.

Reactions: CBlack
You might want to go with some regular rings and get that scope down a tad. I tried to use a Geissele mount on a bolt gun with 40MOA base and it sat in the clouds too. I had to eat the mount and buy rings. YMMV. Great looking gun and I bet its a laser.

PB

You might want to go with some regular rings and get that scope down a tad. I tried to use a Geissele mount on a bolt gun with 40MOA base and it sat in the clouds too. I had to eat the mount and buy rings. YMMV. Great looking gun and I bet its a laser.

PB

Hi,

Why does he need to get that scope down?

It makes absolutely NO difference (In a true ELR rifle) in how high or low the scope sits on the receiver as long as he is able to see through the scope properly with the adjustable cheek piece.

Also, you guys realize that scope "height" will adjust based on the position he has the Ivy adjustable mount turned to right?

Sincerely,
Theis