• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes first focal plane mil/mil under 1.5k list

TacticalSasquach

"No news is good news"
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2008
central virginia
looking at optics under 1,500 dollars ,first focal plane only , mil/mil only multiple powers only( IE 5-15x, 5-25x, etc) mildot reticle only

please fellow hide members help populate a list of manufacturers and
their respective magnification power. thanks.

Re: first focal plane mil/mil under 1.5k list

Falcon Optics 4-14FFP and 5-25FFP

IOR 3-18FFP SH Edition, and 2.5-10FFP

And...... scene.

That didn't take long.

Horus, USO, and doesn't Leupold make a FFP?

Don't think those three would make his requirements.

I guess with the live.com discount, you could pick up a Leupold FFP for about $1500.

Yeah, the 15x would knock out USO, but he can get a Horus for under $1500

Price would kill the USO and Leupold, and the "mildot reticle only" would kill the Horus. The requirements severely limit choices.

I dunno, you could sort of argue that the Horus qualifies as MilDot, as much as the IOR MP-8's do. Depends on how literal the requirements are read.

Leupold is out regardless of the price because of the Mil/Mil requirement. Hard to "interpret" that any other way.

ahh, forgot about the mil/mil.

Yeah, I don't know if the Leupold "mil/mil" setups are available on their FFP models.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matchking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Price would kill the USO and Leupold, and the "mildot reticle only" would kill the Horus. The requirements severely limit choices. </div></div>

I can't read....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matchking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, I don't know if the Leupold "mil/mil" setups are available on their FFP models.</div></div>

As a practical matter, Mil/Mil isn't available on any Leupolds.

I supposed technically the OP didn't specify it had to be 0.1 or 0.2 MRAD turrets, but I think that 0.5MRAD is outside a reasonable interpretation. IMHO, the 0.5MRAD turrets is just Luepold's way of mocking us and our petty requests.

I don't think they are .5 MRAD, but I agree that there mil-adjustment is not ideal - at the moment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matchking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think they are .5 MRAD, but I agree that there mil-adjustment is not ideal - at the moment.</div></div>

Ooops, meant to say 0.05MRAD.

well the info you guys supplied was excellent, I basically picked the cheapest of four scopes that fit my needs for now,

decending from most expensive to cheapest

1. schmidt bender
2. nightforce mil/mil first focal plane
3. premier riflescopes
4. falcon optics 5-25x56 mil adjustment

i ordered my falcon today at 450 bones. If i determine it does not fit my needs, i will purchase a premier as budget permits