• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First form one approved

Jgault

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2020
Keller, Texas
81D2E79F-7332-4F5E-8148-DF7A46657729.jpeg

my first form one he’s a sbr now, no longer does he have to pretend to be something he’s not.

I recently got my 6x F1’s back a couple of weeks ago. 2x of them were for SBR — one so I could dump my SG pistol brace on my SP5K (pictured) and rock the collapsible B&T stock, and the other so I could yank the pinned flash hider on one of my Noveske 13.7” Infidels (at the smitty now) and put a 6” F1 Maverick Ti based can on it.

CA7866E8-F20F-401C-AC36-ADB5BF4444EF.jpeg

Just need my local smitty to press the new B&T 3-lug into the gun, drill holes in my 8” Talon F1 can, and got me my new bedside HD gun!

Does this now officially qualify as a PCC?

congrats!
How do you go about the engraving

That seems to be a gray area. I called the ATF and the agent I spoke to said if it’s a lower that already has a maker and serial number stamped it’s already engraved. The engraving evidently only applies to a firearm that wasn’t produced with a serial number and company stamp to start with.I built the rifle above on a sharps lower that already has a serial number so at least to her it’s already engraved. Since there seems to be a debate on the issue I wrote the atf a letter just to have the response in writing.

Reactions: TheHorta
That seems to be a gray area. I called the ATF and the agent I spoke to said if it’s a lower that already has a maker and serial number stamped it’s already engraved. The engraving evidently only applies to a firearm that wasn’t produced with a serial number and company stamp to start with.I built the rifle above on a sharps lower that already has a serial number so at least to her it’s already engraved. Since there seems to be a debate on the issue I wrote the atf a letter just to have the response in writing.

That’s precisely the case. I assume you put your rifle’s existing MFG and S/N on your eFile application? Then it’s recorded and already engraved. F1 Silencers also have to be serialized and engraved.

That’s fast!
I’ve been contemplating SBRing my 9mm AR

Get off the X.

Last thing you want is to be in here a year from now lamenting how you should’ve done it before the Harris Administration’s “Great Assault Weapons Ban of 2020” and you’re SOL.

Reactions: Jgault
That’s fast!
I’ve been contemplating SBRing my 9mm AR

Seriously just pay the fee, dark times are coming in less than 2 months. First it’s almost a forgone fact at this point the ATF will ban pistol braces right quick, they’ve been wanting to do it for years but the Trump administration has really shielded us from ridiculous regulations. I think in addition we will be going back to the insane rule that if you even shoulder a AR pistol it now becomes a unregistered SBR even without a brace on it. The ATF can and probably will issue a slew of rules effectively making AR pistols illegal and it will take years for the lawsuits to come out in our favor, see the ATF case where they tried to put the guy in jail over the length of pull on his AR pistol. Secondly under the Biden administration I believe we will be going back to a 1 year or longer form 1 wait times, mainly due to the fact that I’ve never seen a bureaucracy run by democrats run in a remotely effective way and I believe the ATF will be told from on high to slow the process down as much as possible while increasing the difficulty. I think next year the form 1 rejections will skyrocket. Last a stock is just allot more comfortable than a brace, worth the $200 all by itself.

All of my eFiles were under 30 days for returns. Did a handful of silencers and had to have local machinist do the engraving once my e-stamp came back

Get off the X.

Last thing you want is to be in here a year from now lamenting how you should’ve done it before the Harris Administration’s “Great Assault Weapons Ban of 2020” and you’re SOL.

totally agree!! Wondering though, do we suspect they’ll go after NFA items and revoke the stamps?? That’s my fear, but damned if you do and damned if you don’t??

totally agree!! Wondering though, do we suspect they’ll go after NFA items and revoke the stamps?? That’s my fear, but damned if you do and damned if you don’t??

Announced plans by Comrade Biden are to treat all AR’s as NFA. Registering SBRs is a wise move anyway, and gets a start on the process. I’m selecting a handful of rifles right now and getting more F1 SBR stamps. Since most of my guns are $2500-$5000 anyway the $200/per fee is trivial, and I like opening up the options that filing Form-1’s give me anyway, and I don’t need to worry about the mad rush later if it does happen — and it will. The writing is on the wall, the trajectory is clear, and I don’t want to be caught flat-footed when it does.

It may not happen this term, or next, but it’s GOING to happen. Having a bunch of Form-1 guns, at a measly $200 a pop, does no perceptible harm and can only help — IMHO.

Announced plans by Comrade Biden are to treat all AR’s as NFA. Registering SBRs is a wise move anyway, and gets a start on the process. I’m selecting a handful of rifles right now and getting more F1 SBR stamps. Since most of my guns are $2500-$5000 anyway the $200/per fee is trivial, and I like opening up the options that filing Form-1’s give me anyway, and I don’t need to worry about the mad rush later if it does happen — and it will. The writing is on the wall, the trajectory is clear, and I don’t want to be caught flat-footed when it does.

It may not happen this term, or next, but it’s GOING to happen. Having a bunch of Form-1 guns, at a measly $200 a pop, does no perceptible harm and can only help — IMHO.
Got it! So the thought process is if we get our sbr stamp now we will be ahead of the curve and have paid our fees, so we would be clear? Honest question.

Got it! So the thought process is if we get our sbr stamp now we will be ahead of the curve and have paid our fees, so we would be clear? Honest question.

Yeah, at least that’s my working theory. Get a few now. Can’t hurt, since you don’t HAVE to run them as SBRs and you can resell them without Form-4’s later by removing the stamp and keeping the barrel >16”.

That's interesting, when I spoke with the atf I was informed that I was the manufacturer of the SBR and it was to be engraved with my name( or trust) and my city/state.....but that you can reuse the existing SN and caliber markings.

So it seems even within the ATF there is no clear answer

Reactions: Spydey225
Yeah, at least that’s my working theory. Get a few now. Can’t hurt, since you don’t HAVE to run them as SBRs and you can resell them without Form-4’s later by removing the stamp and keeping the barrel >16”.
Make sense! Always something to keep us on our toes! Thanks!!

yes efile it was only 3 weeks I was shocked

Shit, I need to jump on that. I've got three or four receivers that need it. Then I swear to god, I'm fucking DONE with AR's man!

But not done with SBR's. Nope. No way.

I'm secretly hoping that (when) Komrade Josef Biden pulls his brace ban shit that they do that amnesty $5 NFA tax... I mean, if you were gonna do it anyway, right?

There'll also be lots of great deals on new and like new "pistols" from non-SBR states I imagine.

I recently got my 6x F1’s back a couple of weeks ago. 2x of them were for SBR — one so I could dump my SG pistol brace on my SP5K (pictured) and rock the collapsible B&T stock, and the other so I could yank the pinned flash hider on one of my Noveske 13.7” Infidels (at the smitty now) and put a 6” F1 Maverick Ti based can on it.

View attachment 7483141

Just need my local smitty to press the new B&T 3-lug into the gun, drill holes in my 8” Talon F1 can, and got me my new bedside HD gun!

Does this now officially qualify as a PCC?

I expected better from you, I'd be ashamed to post that. But I think I may be able to upstage you here, let's see...

IMG_1391.JPG

Yep, mine is uglier and has less hope.

I'll probably SBR it too because it turns out I don't take it anywhere.

• Haha
That's interesting, when I spoke with the atf I was informed that I was the manufacturer of the SBR and it was to be engraved with my name( or trust) and my city/state.....but that you can reuse the existing SN and caliber markings.

So it seems even within the ATF there is no clear answer

You don't have to engrave the lower, it can be engraved anywhere on the weapon. I have a 10/22 I SBR'd way back when and I just engraved the barrel since that's the part you swap out and I only have/will have the one.

When my dealer gets SCAR 16's back in I'd like to get one of those for $2799 and if I can score an 11" barrel for a decent price then I'll just engrave that as well. No reason to do the receiver.

In fact, any dedicated SBR you can engrave it anywhere you want, the only upside to engraving a lower is you can swap uppers. But all my shit is dedicated so if I have an upper it's got a matching lower, I probably should have engraved my shit elsewhere and may just do that going forward.

In all cases they can be put back together and sold with full length barrels on 4473's. If someone else wants to re-SBR 'em, they can get their own tax stamp.

Apparently your old tax stamp is still worth something too.

You don't have to engrave the lower, it can be engraved anywhere on the weapon. I have a 10/22 I SBR'd way back when and I just engraved the barrel since that's the part you swap out and I only have/will have the one.

When my dealer gets SCAR 16's back in I'd like to get one of those for $2799 and if I can score an 11" barrel for a decent price then I'll just engrave that as well. No reason to do the receiver.

In fact, any dedicated SBR you can engrave it anywhere you want, the only upside to engraving a lower is you can swap uppers. But all my shit is dedicated so if I have an upper it's got a matching lower, I probably should have engraved my shit elsewhere and may just do that going forward.

In all cases they can be put back together and sold with full length barrels on 4473's. If someone else wants to re-SBR 'em, they can get their own tax stamp.

Apparently your old tax stamp is still worth something too.

Can you elaborate on that last sentence?

It’s like a bunch of parts fell out of a truck and got stuck together.

It looks like how I imagine Bacon Mint Ice Cream tastes.

Believe it or not, it actually works though. Vibrates, doesn't recoil. At 25y it'll dump the whole mag on a saucer size target as fast as you can pull the trigger. So far not a hiccup with mixed mags of literally anything and everything, and believe me, I've tried to get it to jam or fuck up so I can justify selling it for less. Dry, it works. Sat in the rain dry, it works. As it is, the only complaint really is it'll drop the mag if you hold it "wrong". Which if you hold it the natural way it was designed it's not a problem. Probably wind up keeping it, hence SBR.

Can you elaborate on that last sentence?

Yours for $69.95:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/U-S-SC-RY8...364517?hash=item366d806325:g:gBgAAOSwWSZfnwHy

1606533671490.png

• Love
Im not trying to start a shit storm here, and I dont claim to be an expert on all things NFA... but there is some information in here that just seems to be incorrect...

If you Form 1 an existing AR15 lower into an SBR, I was told directly that you DO need to have it engraved with your name (or trust) and the city/state. In fact Im pretty sure it says that exact same thing on the paperwork. The legal mumbo jumbo is something along the lines of you (or the trust) being the NEW manufacturer of the SBR, and as such needing to have the name/location on the lower receiver.

Also, in the AR15 world, the engraving DOES have to go on the lower receiver since that is the "firearm" part. You cant engrave your short barrel and expect that to count.

Again, not trying to start any flame wars here, but I feel like some of this information wasnt presented correctly. Or maybe I misread some posts, I am a bit of in idiot.

Im not trying to start a shit storm here, and I dont claim to be an expert on all things NFA... but there is some information in here that just seems to be incorrect...

If you Form 1 an existing AR15 lower into an SBR, I was told directly that you DO need to have it engraved with your name (or trust) and the city/state. In fact Im pretty sure it says that exact same thing on the paperwork. The legal mumbo jumbo is something along the lines of you (or the trust) being the NEW manufacturer of the SBR, and as such needing to have the name/location on the lower receiver.

Also, in the AR15 world, the engraving DOES have to go on the lower receiver since that is the "firearm" part. You cant engrave your short barrel and expect that to count.

Again, not trying to start any flame wars here, but I feel like some of this information wasnt presented correctly. Or maybe I misread some posts, I am a bit of in idiot.

Seems reasonable to me.

That is what my dealer (class 3 manufacturer) who assisted me with my form 1. I was the new manufacturer and had to get it engraved.
I would only engrave the serialized part as tape serial number is also listed on the tax stamp.

Watched a video on the efile process
Pretty slick.

Steel Head,

Can you share the link to the video that you watched? I just did a You Tube search and got a number of results. I’d like to narrow it down to save myself some time.

Thanks in advance.