• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk First full year in a PRS Season

MPHReallyRightStuff

RRS SOAR Division Director
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
Lehi, Utah
www.reallyrightstuff.com
Going to be shooting and sponsoring events during 2017. It'll be our first full time year in the series while shooting the matches. Going to be at AI Classic, NM PR Challenge(have to skip), Breakneck(have to skip), SilencerCO(questionable), Heatstroke, California, NRA, Outback, Lone Survivor, Peacemaker, Steel City.

Hope its a fun year and we shoot okay. It'll be a good learning experience.

edit:With all the events we had to skip, we will increase the event load from July-Dec.

Last edited:
Going to be shooting and sponsoring events during 2017. It'll be our first full time year in the series while shooting the matches. Going to be at AI Classic, NM PR Challenge, Breakneck, SilencerCO, Heatstroke, California, NRA, Outback, Lone Survivor, Peacemaker, Steel City.

Hope its a fun year and we shoot okay. It'll be a good learning experience.

Thanks for the sponsorships! Look forward to seeing more RRS. Love the product offering.

Not a problem man! I love this stuff. I worked with the long range stuff in the Mil for 10 years, now that im out I get to actually help make and push stuff that i wish i had back then. If your at one of the matches look me up. I enjoy putting faces and voices to contacts.

Thanks for helping out the shooting community! Hopefully I will be able to make one of those matches.

The AI Match was amazing! CORE put on a good show. The attendees, RO's, and sponsors were amazing and easy to talk to. We gave away a few products and most of the awardees of the products came up to me to give their thanks, which is super appreciated!

I shot in the match for once as well. What I learned.... Torque your action into the chassis!! ha. I had a few stages where I received "zeros" and couldn't figure out what was wrong. Finally I shot a stage where i was able to watch all my impacts and they were in all crazy directions. Picked up my rifle and the chassis was holding in the action by a thread or two on each action screw. So, stupid move on my part.

I would have liked to finish better but life happens. I got to meet some great guys and add a few friends that I will continue to speak to. If anyone has questions about the event let me know.

Biggest thing i could tell any other person about a PRS match, have fun and don't get mad about a stage. Have your 2 seconds of wtf, shake it off, thank the RO, and learn.

Take Aways:
Torque your stuff, dumb move
Practice on smaller targets
Change up positional as much as possible!!
Bags were key, i see why everyone uses them now.
Wet Weather Pants!
Take more loaner products for people to use during the stages, and get it back before the end of the match, ha
Didn't use 20-25x once

Probably a few more takeaways but ill end for now.

Doesn't look like I will be able to physically attend the NM event in April, pretty bummed about that.

Reactions: Josh H
Michael,

It was good to see you at Core. This will be my first year as well.

Seems we both learned a valuable lesson, because if you remember my scope rings came loose too. So, I shall be using locktite and torquing to spec from now on.

Looking forward to bullshitting, drinking and shooting with you this season.

Matt

Last edited:
All good points. Breakneck will be my first two day match. If I see you I'll say hello.

Hey I would love to talk to you about RRS some next weekend at the NM PR Challenge. Me and another guy will be going to it. I can't get over how much weight my Manfrotto and Ashbury head weight my pack down.

I would love that, but unfortunately I have to miss this one. I am taking a work trip outside the U.S and won't be back for a little while. I/we will be back in to the events starting beginning/mid July starting with the Heatstroke match. I may give a few prizes at events that I will not be at until that time as well. Feel free to give me a call direct, 805-548-1534. I have no problem discussing the products or ideas and methods whether yo u purchase or not.