• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First Gen PMAGS

Re: First Gen PMAGS

They were not defective in any manner. The changes to the "M" revision PMAGs were basically:

1) Changed body design to allow for better compatibility with mag couplers;
2) Changed to a new follower to allow for easier loading with stripper clip spoons/clips; and
3) Changed the base/body to permit the dust covers to be snapped onto the floorplate when not in use.

The Gen 1 mags run great...I still have about a dozen that are running as strong as the day I first loaded them.

The Gen 1 mags run great...I still have about a dozen that are running as strong as the day I first loaded them. [/quote]

+1,,,my Gen 1 pmags are still just like new and they have gotten the hell beat outta them

For the reloaders out there SEARCH OUT the first generation OLDER pmags ... they allowed for a longer COAL than the new ones.

Ok thanks for the info guys! I just got 10 from thebladeshop.com but I didnt know they were the older version...I was just making sure but they are the OD green window version and they were 14.20 something a piece with free shipping so i decided to try them out...when I opened the box i thought oh no old pmags!

There was a recall on Pmag bodies that had a certain production date(just over 3 years ago). I shipped back 7 bodies to Magpul in 2007 and received replacements. Shipping was paid by Magpul and it was a flawless transaction. The new mag bodies were shipped before they had even received the old ones. I just looked through my emails and it was the last part of July 2007 that I did this. I never had any problems with the Pmags though, I just heard about the recall and noticed that I had some of the production dates mentioned(I believe the date was 6/07). If you look on the left side of the mag, just below the mag catch notch you'll find the production date.

Here's a copy of the email in case there are any doubters....

Thanks for shopping with us today!
The following are the details of your order.
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 4612
Date Ordered: Friday 20 July, 2007
Detailed Invoice:
https://secure.forethought.net/magpul//index.php?main_page=account_history_info&order_id=4612

Products
7 x PMAG Replacement Body = $0.00
Pmag Type Standard (No Windows)
Color Options Black
Date Code 04/07 and Above
Sub-Total: $0.00
FREE SHIPPING! (Free Shipping Only): $0.01
Total: $0.01

Delivery Address

United States

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They were not defective in any manner. The changes to the "M" revision PMAGs were basically:

1) Changed body design to allow for better compatibility with mag couplers;
2) Changed to a new follower to allow for easier loading with stripper clip spoons/clips; and
3) Changed the base/body to permit the dust covers to be snapped onto the floorplate when not in use.

The Gen 1 mags run great...I still have about a dozen that are running as strong as the day I first loaded them. </div></div>

+1 - all my blackones are gen 1, didn't get the newer version until I bought some FDE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saito</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There was a recall on Pmag bodies that had a certain production date(just over 3 years ago). I shipped back 7 bodies to Magpul in 2007 and received replacements. Shipping was paid by Magpul and it was a flawless transaction. The new mag bodies were shipped before they had even received the old ones. I just looked through my emails and it was the last part of July 2007 that I did this. I never had any problems with the Pmags though, I just heard about the recall and noticed that I had some of the production dates mentioned(I believe the date was 6/07). If you look on the left side of the mag, just below the mag catch notch you'll find the production date. </div></div>

That's what I was remembering thanks. Also watching second gig over shit is epic
laugh.gif

I had 4 that didn't run, so they ARE out there. Magpul took care of me though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saito</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There was a recall on Pmag bodies that had a certain production date(just over 3 years ago). I shipped back 7 bodies to Magpul in 2007 and received replacements. Shipping was paid by Magpul and it was a flawless transaction. The new mag bodies were shipped before they had even received the old ones. I just looked through my emails and it was the last part of July 2007 that I did this. I never had any problems with the Pmags though, I just heard about the recall and noticed that I had some of the production dates mentioned(I believe the date was 6/07). If you look on the left side of the mag, just below the mag catch notch you'll find the production date. </div></div>

That's what I was remembering thanks. Also watching second gig over shit is epic
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Ha ha! Awesome! I've got both gigs on my Itunes now, I'm hoping something new materializes soon. Maybe a live action GITS movie??
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the reloaders out there SEARCH OUT the first generation OLDER pmags ... they allowed for a longer COAL than the new ones. </div></div>

Any idea how much more room they give you?

2.260" + ?

Have several Gen 1s, Black with no issues at all.