• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First guns, now Precisous Metals?

match-grade

Private
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2006
Knoxville, TN
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStat...ID=84&GA=97

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-10...-santellis-take

Looks like some loons want to track your Ag and Au. From the bill, highlights are mine

<span style="font-weight: bold">Synopsis As Introduced</span>
Creates the Precious Metal Purchasing Act. Provides that a person who is in the business of purchasing precious metal shall obtain a proof of ownership, create a record of the sale, and verify the identity of the seller. Provides that a person who is in the business of purchasing precious metal <span style="font-weight: bold">shall not pay for the precious metal in cash</span> and shall record the method of payment. Requires the purchaser to keep a record of the sale for one year or, if the purchase amount is over $500, for 5 years. Provides that a person who violates the Act is guilty of a petty offense and subject to a fine not exceeding $500. Provides that the Attorney General may inspect records, investigate an alleged violation, and take action to collect civil penalties

<span style="font-weight: bold">Authorizes inspection of records by local police departments</span>

Holy shit, is this for the children as well? Same shit they pulled in 1933.

Re: First guns, now Precisous Metals?

I have a hunk of pre-cambrian rock I got from down around Llano, TX. Will the government track that?

Hell, I even have quite a bit of Llanite. You know, the only rock out there to have blue quartz in it. Oh yeah, it also has a crushing strength of 37,800 lb/in^2. It will probably be classified as an NFA rock soon.

Does it really surprise you, even a little bit. This whole thing, includeing the gun bills, is about power. Money represents power, as do guns. If you want to find the source, follow the money. Look at who in the world REALLY controlls the money. Then youll know who is behind all of this. I could tell yuo in one word, but that would start another shit filled thread that has already been beaten to death.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does it really surprise you, even a little bit. This whole thing, includeing the gun bills, is about power. <span style="color: #3366FF">Precious metals</span> represent power, as do guns. If you want to find the source, follow the money. Look at who in the world REALLY controlls the money. Then youll know who is behind all of this. I could tell yuo in one word, but that would start another shit filled thread that has already been beaten to death. </div></div>

Fixed it for you

Pretty soon a 5 dollar bill will be less valuable than a roll of TP. The TP won't miss as much and it feels better. The copper in the Penny is worth more than the Penny.

To think that this is something that would even get any let alone serious consideration is actually frightening. What interest is it of anyone, let alone the government what I choose spend my money on. Moreover, why the specific interest in precious metals? Personally, I can't see the dollar lasting that much longer. A need for a new currency is obvious, so I guess it only follows that in such a situation the need for knowing who has accumulated caches of silver etc. would be particularly helpful. I can't help to wonder if water-boarding will be permitted in order to find out where the goodies are buried?

To think that this is something that would even get any let alone serious consideration is actually frightening. What interest is it of anyone, let alone the government what I choose spend my money on. Moreover, why the specific interest in precious metals? Personally, I can't see the dollar lasting that much longer. A need for a new currency is obvious, so I guess it only follows that in such a situation the need for knowing who has accumulated caches of silver etc. would be particularly helpful. I can't help to wonder if water-boarding will be permitted in order to find out where the goodies are buried?

To think that this is something that would even get any let alone serious consideration is actually frightening. What interest is it of anyone, let alone the government what I choose spend my money on. Moreover, why the specific interest in precious metals? Personally, I can't see the dollar lasting that much longer. A need for a new currency is obvious, so I guess it only follows that in such a situation the need for knowing who has accumulated caches of silver etc. would be particularly helpful. I can't help to wonder if water-boarding (of non-combatant american citizens) will be permitted in order to find out where the goodies are buried?