• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

first hand knowledge of semi suto rifles

jsmythe

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
Nashville, TN, USA
I am looking to buy a good semi auto .308 rifle. I have narrowed my list down to Armalite's AR-10 Super SASS, Larue Tactical's OBR, or Knights Armament's SR-25 (or a M-110 if they ever get around to releasing that to the public). I am looking to find some firsthand knowledge and experiance on these weapon systems, both good and bad. Any info would be greatly appreciated: too long, too heavy, jamming and malfunction problems, problems with replacement parts, etc.

Re: first hand knowledge of semi suto rifles

Search, dude, run a search. And fill out your profile.

And use this search instead of the crappy one built in to the website. It's much better.

Search function below in my sig line is a good place to start with general "Which One???" type questions like your post. Tons of excellent information to be had on each of the platforms you referenced and likely some comparisons for your reading pleasure.

Also, Knight Industries made crappy Trans Am KITT cars for crappier 1980's TV shows...you mean KNIGHT'S ARMAMENT!!
wink.gif

Based on my personal experience.

Armalite SASS.....mine would double feed and jam every mag and couldn't get it under 2 MOA regardless of ammo. Sold it after 3 months, hated it.

I've never owned an OBR but have shot one. Dead nuts accurate and great build quality.

Knights Armament.....too expensive when other guns costing much less do the exact same thing.

You left LWRC REPR out of your choices.

Mine is 100% reliable and is very very accurate.
DSC_0043-vi.jpg

This was a 10 round group with Federal Gold Medal Match
DSC_0041-vi.jpg

If it was me I would look at the LMT MWS, the new Monolithic MA-T from Mega machine build by a gunsmith of your choice, The JP LRP-07H, Remington RSASS, The Kaiser Works KR7 has some nice features as well.