• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing First handgun kill!

HathcockProtege

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2010
Central PA
Decided it was time to try something new, so I carried my Ruger GP100 loaded with .38's along while groundhog hunting this am.

First kill was with the Mark II, 2nd was a youngster that offered a 15-yard head shot...

0707100654.jpg

3rd kill of the morning was a 50 yard off-hand job with the .Mark II, and the 4th kill was a no-brainer 7 or 8 yard shot...
0707100725.jpg

If you haven't already, I recommend you try this! I found it quite enjoyable having the option of switching to a handgun when these "gimme" shots presented themselves. What would be a "boring", easy rifle kill can take on a truly sporting dimension when you bring a short gun into play...at least if your as poor a pistol shot as I am.

Re: First handgun kill!

Great job, keep it up and pretty soon you'll find you won't need that long barreled thing with the extra wood sticking out the back that gets in the way
smile.gif

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShallowGrave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "50 yard off-hand job"

really Im the only one.... ok </div></div>

You beat me to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSSP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Graduation day from Grad school!

AlanGriffithmoose20084-1.jpg

</div></div>

Whats the story behind this one?

What gun, caliber, where, weight of animal, ect.!?