• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes First high(er) end Scope purchase

zep_1

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2023
Hershey PA
First Post

I'm building a shorty bolt 308, (MCS-CS, 16"proof carbon, Impact NBK) and need help with my hardest decision. Gun will be used for hunting and killing paper at unknown ranges. Think midlife corvette but a gun. Looking for under 30 oz, FFP, Illuminated, Mil, great in low light, 4ish and below for bottom end 15-20ish on top end, $1000-$2000ish. I have narrowed the field to the following. I have put my general pros and cons from lurking in the shadows. TIA

NX8 2.5-20 MIL-XT (eyebox issues but great glass, shorter)
T6xi 3-18 SCR2 (big exit pupil)
XTRiii 3.3-18 SCR2 (good bang for the buck)
Vudu 5-25 H59 (short but maybe a little overpriced for what you get)

Welcome.

Of the ones you mention I like
T6xi 3-18 SCR2 (big exit pupil)
XTRiii 3.3-18 SCR2 (good bang for the buck)

I think the Steiner would be the Corvette vs the Burris being a Camaro SS. It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have the time. Thanks

I was looking for the same, for a 16" 308 gas gun - ended up ditching the weight req and going S&B 3-20. Otherwise, agree with the guys above, or check out March as well. Costs obviously different though.

Reactions: simonp
If you can find a used one, the Bushnell LRSTi 4.5-18 is great scope for the money.