• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

*First Look* Atlas Bipod V8

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Okay, for those wondering why nobody has had an Atlas Bipod available, here is the answer, Version 8 is ready for unveiling.
    atlas.jpg

The new version features a push button leg adjustment and stainless steel inserts.
    atlas-2.jpg

What does this mean, well now the legs can fold in a both direction independently if necessary, and the push button adjustment is pretty self explanatory.
    atlas-3.jpg

atlas-4.jpg

I'm really excited to have a Version 8 Atlas here for me to try out. These upgrades are going to make my an already great bipod better.
    atlas-5.jpg

As I get more details I will definitely post them, but so far I have no information on price or availability.

Re: *First Look* Atlas Bipod V8

Well that sucks, looks like I am going to have to buy another one. Why do you guys keep making things better?

Those look nice I wonder what the upgrade cost would be on an older model?

Dustin

I've been fiddling with mine since I got home. This could easily replace the Harris bipods on all my rifles. I had asked Kasey if I could put pictures up but whats the point now, Lowlights' camera skills dwarf mine. Now the long wait till I get the SRS rails to mount this bad boy up.

Sweeeet! may have to break down and get one of these for the .260. I have two Harris' sitting around taking up space, may have to sell them and buy one of these. Hopefully Kasey will drop in and let us know what the wait time is for one of these bad boys.

I'd be willing to try one of those. Nice upgrade.

Thanks for posting the pics up LL.

We added the push button and a new and novel, 45 degree back leg position, which the button system allowed, we gained .4 of an ounce so the BT10 is now 10.9 ounces. Might could drop some weight, we'll see.

We are keeping the pricing the same for the rest of 2010, and will see what happens in 2011.

We will be offering a conversion from the V7 to the V8 for 49.95 which covers the labor. The conversion replaces the Base, Inner Legs, Leg Bolts and adds the stainless steel components.

We got 90% of all our military and "special" orders out this week, so nest week we'll be working on the stack. We are short one guy but hope to get a bunch shipped just the same. So just a little bit longer...Thank you for your business and patience, I hope once you get your V8, you believe the wait was worth it.

And and a bit of good news for us anyhow, is we have been awarded additional claims on our patent for the Atlas. So we are making head-way and hope to get all our claims awarded before it's over.

Thanks again one and all and I hope everyone has a great weekend.

I should have said, there is not going to be a deadline on conversions. We are swamped now so please if you are in a hurry don't send us your V7 now, wait at least 5 weeks.

I won't go into any details but if you are thinking of buying a V8 (all we are shipping now), order one ASAP from any of our dealers or us, but don't wait. Currently the wait is 2-5 weeks, but it is possible that could change to months.

I'm out.

Kasey, glad to see you guys are busy! A very good thing in this economy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Austan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been fiddling with mine since I got home. This could easily replace the Harris bipods on all my rifles. I had asked Kasey if I could put pictures up but whats the point now, Lowlights' camera skills dwarf mine. Now the long wait till I get the SRS rails to mount this bad boy up. </div></div>

It is definitely not fair when you compare a Harris to the Atlas. I have tried a lot of bi pods on my AI but the Atlas is far superior to any of them.

Damn it always happens to me. Wait to order for bugs to get worked out. Then 1 month later a new model comes out. No big deal. Kasey in 5 weeks you will see my Atlas for the update. I know you are swamped. But any idea on turn around when shipped in?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I should have said, there is not going to be a deadline on conversions. We are swamped now so please if you are in a hurry don't send us your V7 now, wait at least 5 weeks.

I won't go into any details but if you are thinking of buying a V8 (all we are shipping now), order one ASAP from any of our dealers or us, but don't wait. Currently the wait is 2-5 weeks, but it is possible that could change to months.

I'm out. </div></div>

Kssey, can I send my V7 in for upgrades, to include the washer trick?

-Jeremy

There goes Kasey...digging deep into my pockets yet AGAIN!!!
    wink.gif

Seriously, the V8's look awesome, Kasey. I'll hold off on upgrading my V7's until Fall or so to give you time to get things squared. I am definitely getting a V8 order in ASAP!!

Thanks for your continued efforts to offer the best gear to the folks that need it and depend on it most (the men and women of our Armed Services) and for your dedication to the shooting public as well!!

Not trying to thread jack, is there a way to attach any rail mounted bipod on the bottom of a HS with standard dual sling swivels on the forearm?

Yep I think there is a rail that has the same bolt spacing.

any special memorial day pricing for us vets?

Kasey, Good news all around. Thanks for putting out some info about the product changes and the lead time for orders.

To the rest of you: If you guys are just ordering these now, you are WAY behind the curve!!!!!!! BAAWWAAHAAHHAAAHHAAA
    sick.gif

looks good, just placed an order

looking forward to trying it out

I messed around with mine last night on an AR (only thing I have with the pic rail) and had to order another one this morning. Damn people and their top quality products!
    grin.gif

One more product for my never ending list.......

yep i have two already that will be goin in for upgrade and two more to buy, lol

Ok just ordered my second one. It is hard to go from my atlas to shooting off the rock mount. No comparison.

Did any other version have the capability to be used with the backward/rear 45° position? Or just this latest version?

Respectfully,

--KJ

Boy glad I only have 2 of the harris they are ok ,I also have a GG&G its nice and a parker hale I like the best but going to try a V8 and test it out

In my case - using the V7 with a AI AW - the legs on the Atlas would buckle when using it 45* forward - "under recoil the foot can catch or drag a bit more and become disengaged allowing it to collapse" (Kasey stated that ONLY "a small percentage of customer’s report this"). I understand from Kasey (e-mail) that this has been corrected in V8 (hopefully, the washer fix as well).

Thanks one and all for your comments and support, we could not do this without customers like you which drives us all the more to build right.

USMCj, thanks, we are living the blessed life.

jrb572, sorry….I went round and round on this and had to at least get labor covered.

netranger6, yes send it in, we’ll do the washer stack and conversion at same time, washer stack free, the conversion is 49.95.

Thanks, ORD, I hope we are caught up before then….

Sorry merc308, we offer 10% 365, but nothing more as we have agreements with our dealers. Sorry.

You are welcome Triad, thank you for your patronage and support.

Austan Now that is funny! Thank you.

KJDrake just the V8, going to push buttons and heat treated stainless steel made it possible. Added a ton of strength at a .4 ounce weight gain.

$KYshooter338$, it is all we are shipping now so buy direct or from any of our dealers just check which model they have.

Lowlight, this is correct, the V8 should be mounted so the engraving showing arrow is facing away from muzzle and towards shooter.

Doc1911, the V8 does resolve this as it no longer relies on pulling the legs to rotate but rather a push button method. The number of people experiencing the leg failure is still less than 2%

03dvldog, please see above.

Guys, we took yesterday off and came in today slammed, so again, if you want a V8, which is ALL that we are shipping simply order it on-line at www.accu-shot OR from any of our dealers just verify what model they have IN STOCK. Most are out and are waiting on us to full fill their orders.

Again, Thank you.

I imagine these will be very hard to get just like the v7.

Sorry was not complaining about the price. Just that I bought one a month before the new model came out. I thought it would cost more for the update. I think it is a reasonable price to update older models.

hodds, we are back-logged, and the wait is just getting longer at this point. AND it is possible the wait will even get longer as the year moves along. I can't say more but will say waiting to order is not going to get you one faster.

jrb572, did not take it as a complaint, but rather a fact. And I don't like that position that you are in at all. But as was expressed to me, if we offered a free conversion for anyone that had bought an Atlas within 30 days, then I feel the same way for the guy that bought within 31 days...

I will do this, I'll expedite yours if you decide to send it in for the conversion. In other words, it'll be back in the mail to you within 2 business days from when we get it.

Great update. I had my legs folding up from the 45 position this weekend. The push buttons will certainly take care of that. Does the $49.95 include return shipping? I'd definately like to have this done.

Kasey. Once again I am sorry. I think 50 is an awesome price for the upgrade. I am sorry it really is a curse of mine. I will gladly send the money for a great product.

jrb572, lol honesty is no curse!

mscott, in all the T&E we did on the V7 we never experienced that collapse, but as soon as I heard that happening, I realized that in fact it could! The V8 will not allow that to happen.

Just for clarity, everything we are now shipping is the V8, we have not updated our website but rest assured if you order from us, that is what you will be getting.

Second, anyone that bought an Atlas V7 in the last 30 days, the best we can offer is to expedite the 49.95 conversion. Currently there is not a time limit on this conversion as long as we have parts, we'll do them.

Ordered my V8 last night....will definitley be sending my V7 for the upgrade.

Kasey - keep it up mate! Great kit - love everything I have bought from you!

Thanks Kasey. It is GREAT to be able to get our V7s upgraded. I'm looking forward to the newer model and shooting at 45* with mine ... (love this position with the AI-AW).

Mine is on the way. As we discussed - hoping to have it back in time for the AI Armour's Course in St. Pete. I sent you an e-mail with the shipping info.

Thanks again.