• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision FIRST LOOK: Team Wendy EXFIL LPT Lightweight Tactical Polymer Bump Helmet

clasky

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2010
USA
Hey Guys, Team Wendy sent us a few Pre-Production EXFIL LPT Helmets ahead of their actual release. We are taking these to the Walking Dead Multi-Gun Competition in Texas this weekend so the competitors can use them on the night vision stage we are sponsoring with AAC. Before we pack them up to head to Texas, we wanted to give y'all a quick first look.

Disclaimer: these helmets are pre production models that are not ready for release. The initial shells came out too shiny so Team Wendy didn't want to release them. Rather than run with a "not quite there" solution, they want to make sure they provide the best out of the gate. But, everything else is right on these LPT's. And, since the competitors at Walking Dead aren't on a two way range, Team Wendy wanted to get these in our hands as a cool bonus for the shooters to get the first hands-on experience with them. So, pardon the quick snap photos, but I am having to pack gear today.

PA220001_zps287b066a.jpg

The LTP has the same basic geometry as the legacy EXFIL, but with a more cost-effective polymer shell. This sacrifices a tiny bit of rigidity, but nothing that is really noticeable. Besides the material change, the main difference to the shell is the molded-in shroud. This is not a new idea, but TW added a twist that trumps other offerings on the market: they in-molded a Wilcox machined aluminum anodized bracket. So, instead of your mount clipping into a plastic shroud, the LPT allows for metal to metal contact for a much stronger connection. This also means that it passes the Military drop test: the helmet will dropped with a mount installed from 5 feet onto the mount without it releasing. Other polymer helmets on the market with the molded in shroud do not pass this test.

PA220002_zps5a053833.jpg

PA220014_zpsa0efbd19.jpg

The LPT also comes standard with the new Version 2.0 Rail. This is an improvement over the original with stronger materials and more user-friendly geometry. The 2.0 has more mounting space and a built in side release buckle receptacle for O2 mask compatibility. The T-Slot interface has been improved by adding entry points that are forward to allow for attachment of accessories without having to remove stuff that is already mounted.

PA220003_zpsad3c5b06.jpg

The Magpul MOE Rail sections are also here.

PA220012_zps05c8e903.jpg

The shock cord NVG stabilization placement has been changed to be T-Slot compatible. This way, you can remove them if you don't want them. But, more importantly, the shock cord is placed closer to the front of the helmet, making it shorter. This is a huge improvement to the EXFIL since the cords are now short enough to provide proper tension to NVG's.

PA220011_zps780ae088.jpg

The LPT-specific pad system is typical Team Wendy: awesome and comfy. It is similar to the EPIC series with rigid pad bases and softer pads on top. It is very easy to customize to your head shape.

PA220007_zps6b0e356b.jpg

PA220008_zps6d209e31.jpg

PA220009_zpsdaa9b31c.jpg

The center pads can be completely removed to accommodate a headset.

We are incredibly excited about the release of the LPT. It's an excellent addition to the Team Wendy line and will be a major contender in the market. Retail is $299.95. We should have our first shipments in the next few weeks. We are not taking pre-orders, but you can email [email protected] with your name and contact info and we will let you know when they are available.

Man, that is a deal on this nice helmet with the excellent cam-loc too.

I like my EXFIL, but this certainly is a great deal on a top of the line helmet.

Man, that is a deal on this nice helmet with the excellent cam-loc too.

I like my EXFIL, but this certainly is a great deal on a top of the line helmet.

Agreed, we're all happy about the improvements to this polymer style helmet. Also, thanks for the folks who have called and emailed. We're simply putting everyone on a call list in the order received and will email and call in the order we receive your contact info. Assured we do have a substantial order in to fill all the initial orders.

For folks going to the Walking Dead Competition this weekend, you're all in for a real treat!

Vic

Here is something I thought you guys would want to know, and we are really excited about. I figured I would post some photos and talk about lanyard options for the new Team Wendy LTP . The TNVC base jump lanyard works perfectly, whereas with the TW EXFIL Carbon, it was not compatible. This is a win for everyone because we don't believe in drilling helmets as a solution. Workshop/Garage engineering bolts through helmets will eventually lead to bolts through skulls if you're not careful and take a nasty spill.

lanyard4_zps176c089a.jpeg

lanyard5_zps207d5cfa.jpeg

lanyard1_zpsc62880ea.jpeg

lanyard2_zps33fe676b.jpeg