• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing First NV Kill

grinnergetter

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2008
NW Indiana
Local beaver population is in trouble now.:) My setup is a custom 22BR using a THOR thermal. Not the greatest scope I'm sure, but the price is right for me. Need observation NV equipment though. Heard what sounded like a piney chewing on a walnut....took me awhile to find him chewing on a downed oak tree...15 yards away.

Smaller one last night but a dead one is a good one.
IMG_3788.jpg

Ha, I thought of that as I threw it up on the den, I'll have to put a beaver pile on shore. Coyotes need thinning too.

Took 2 coyotes with same round at 30 yards or less Monday night. Bullet damage was negligible. Very dead however. This night hunting thing is addicting and fun as hell.

The MeatEater episode on beaver trapping and cooking was extremely interesting if you haven't seen it already. That's really cool that you were able to kill one with a rifle though.