• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First outing to the range with the TRR - Pics

IronMaidenFan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2012
Palm Beach, Florida
Took my new Savage Mark II TRR-SR to the outdoor range today for the first time. That's a Silercerco SS Sparrow and a Bushy Banner 4-16x40 she's equipped with.

The gun is extremely fun to shoot. I shot around 500 rounds over the course of a few hours. The bottom pic is a 10 round group at 50 yards using Wolf MT ammo.

trr_markham.jpg

50ydgroup_markham.jpg

Re: First outing to the range with the TRR - Pics

Great group! Im considering getting a similar setup.

Re: First outing to the range with the TRR - Pics

Congratulations on your new Mark II TTR! I have the Mark II TR, and your're right - great fun to shoot. That looks like a pretty good group with the Wolf MT.

I suggest you also try the Wolf ME: with my rifle the MT does well: 0.75-1.00 inch (5 shot) groups @50 yards; but the ME does even better: <0.5MOA @ 50 yd.

I also recently added a 25MOA DIP rail and am now having a blast shooting at 200 & 300 yards - but the wind really makes things tricky.