• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First Post - M40A3 clone build

UpstateArmoryGroup

Private
Minuteman
May 14, 2009
So, I am making my first post.

I am building an M40A3 clone.

I am starting with a brand new stock 700P, and I have thus far acquired the trigger guard and the Schneider bbl. I will be ordering the stock ASAP and I plan on using this sight for it's wealth of information.

My first question reguards chamber spec's and headspace. Is there a particular reamer I should use? Should the weapon be headspaced specifically for the M118 load?

I want to make sure I get this right the first time. Any help is appreciated.

Re: First Post - M40A3 clone build

Will you be doing the smith work or will you be having someone else do it? If someone else then a huge +1 on GA Precision.

I was planning on doing most of the work myself, but I have also contacted GAP and I like their price. I am waiting to find chamber specs before making a decision.

What about chamber specs and headspave? Anyone have some precise info?

Don't know your abilities and how much you know about the A3's...So, on that note... The chamber is a no brainer.. chamber it for 175 match (M118LR) and it should be hollywood. Your toughest issue is going to be "lug" slotting the receiver to accept the DD Ross base and then finding the base to put on it. DD Ross will sell you the base for the price of 600 installed last I checked but I don't think you'll want to go there. Don't know if he will sell the base outright. Your next issue is going to be stamping all the parts... Order the Stock now... That's going to be a while...lol Good Luck !

One more thing... Start searching for the glass now if you want a true spec and hopefully you got a big bank account...
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Contact CDi Precision. He may still have some M40A3 rails. </div></div>

I remember reading somewhere a while ago he had one left... Just might get lucky