• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First post, thought some experts could reccomend a silencer.

AppleLover35

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2024
Earth
This silencer will go on my .308 ar10 for strictly deer hunting. With so many diffrent silencers, I was wondering who has what and what to buy and what not to.

I wanna spend 1,100 on one without tax stamp.
I was thinking the banish 30, omega 300, or resonator r2. Anyone have these and loved or hated them? Thanks everyone.

Since you’re not doing battle rifle stuff and just concentrating on the single long range outdoor shot then I will recommend not getting a flow through can. You should concentrate on a suppressor that quieter at the ear. I will also recommend a direct thread.
Nomad L

Since you’re not doing battle rifle stuff and just concentrating on the single long range outdoor shot then I will recommend not getting a flow through can. You should concentrate on a suppressor that quieter at the ear. I will also recommend a direct thread.
Nomad L
Have you ever used a Nomad L on a gas operated semi ??

Reactions: AppleLover35
Have you ever used a Nomad L on a gas operated semi ??
Will this create issues with how the gun cycles? I have a bleed-off adj gas block as well as heavier spring and buffer. Will the nomad put too much backpressure?

Last edited:
It’s a brick but he’s using his battle rifle like a bolt action and probably sitting in a stand. He’s got a tight budget as well.
🍻
Battle rifle like a bolt action, spot on! I thought 1,000 was good for a silencer, how and why are they even over 1000?

Battle rifle like a bolt action, spot on! I thought 1,000 was good for a silencer, how and why are they even over 1000?
They are usually under $900 @ Silencer Shop and the restock over there often
Thunderbeast Ultra 7 and an adjustable gas block.
This ^^^
If you can swing a TBAC then go for one of those. The way they publish their stats is very helpful and again I think quieter at the ear is more useful for your deal then considering weight or gas in the face.

Reactions: LRRPF52
You are going to get an overwhelming amount of suggestions. Do you plan to use this on anything else? If it’s just for deer hunting with a .308 (and non-mobile), pretty much any can will work. Yes, some will be quieter or louder, more or less blowback, etc, but with the amount of use you describe it will hardly matter.

You are going to get an overwhelming amount of suggestions. Do you plan to use this on anything else? If it’s just for deer hunting with a .308 (and non-mobile), pretty much any can will work. Yes, some will be quieter or louder, more or less blowback, etc, but with the amount of use you describe it will hardly matter.
That's somewhat why I'm here. To see if people really liked or really hated a certain can so at least I feel confident in one.

Will this create issues with how the gun cycles? I have a bleed-off adj gas block as well as heavier spring and buffer. Will the nomad put too much backpressure?
Here's a link to the free version of the PEW Science suppressor back pressure data. It has a few dozen suppressors in that version, and is a number of years old, so finding data/info for a particular suppressor not listed will take more research. The Nomad L tops the list for back pressure, and I would expect a lot of work to get a DI semi to function. Depending on your barrel length/gas system length (or dwell), an AGB and heavy buffer will help, but there are limitations.

PEW Science Suppressor Back Pressure

Here's a link to the free version of the PEW Science suppressor back pressure data. It has a few dozen suppressors in that version, and is a number of years old, so finding data/info for a particular suppressor not listed will take more research. The Nomad L tops the list for back pressure, and I would expect a lot of work to get a DI semi to function. Depending on your barrel length/gas system length (or dwell), an AGB and heavy buffer will help, but there are limitations.

PEW Science Suppressor Back Pressure
I did see the pew science graph and yeah, the nomad had the most by a Longshot. For a bolt I feel the nomad would work but now I see maybe not for semi's. Thanks for pointing this out.

Reactions: msgriff
A high back pressure ( but really quiet) suppressor will choke up a gas gun faster than you might think. And you'll be swallowing a lot of carcinogens.

For my money (meaning I have one), the most versatile single suppressor I've used is the CGS HELIOS QD TI. It has a very generous .36 caliber bore. You can run it on 1/2-28 and 5/8-24 muzzles. It comes with removable open and closed front end caps. I've used it on 5.56, .300 BLK, 6mmARC, 6.5 CM, and .308. Direct thread, it weighs just 11.5 ounces, too.

It is shown here on a 14.5" 6mmARC:

IMG_4205.jpeg

Kind of surprised no one has mentioned Diligent Defense Enticer series. You can get a S in steel for $450 or a S in titanium that weighs 9.5oz and costs $685. The Enticer L-ti is only 1.8oz heavier, 1.5" longer and not much more $. It also ranks very high in independent sound tests. Higher than everything listed so far. I own an Ultra 7 and it's my least favorite can. There are better cans for your money these days

Reactions: Magsz18
A high back pressure ( but really quiet) suppressor will choke up a gas gun faster than you might think. And you'll be swallowing a lot of carcinogens.

For my money (meaning I have one), the most versatile single suppressor I've used is the CGS HELIOS QD TI. It has a very generous .36 caliber bore. You can run it on 1/2-28 and 5/8-24 muzzles. It comes with removable open and closed front end caps. I've used it on 5.56, .300 BLK, 6mmARC, 6.5 CM, and .308. Direct thread, it weighs just 11.5 ounces, too.

It is shown here on a 14.5" 6mmARC:

View attachment 8406273
I agree with everything he said except I went with the HUX 30 cal version but same idea.

Another excellent choice, and I think the very best choice if you also want to shoot unsuppressed with a muzzle device on the gun. The HUXWRX Flow 762 Ti weighs in at just 11.8 ounces. Their 7.62 brake is the least objectionable I've ever used, plus incredibly effective.

Reactions: ut755ln
I would recommend the BT SRBS titanium line with direct thread for the lightest possible setup, or the new huxwrx flow through 762 titanium can. I actually don't own either of those brands and don't even own a flow through suppressor but I'll be getting one of those two very soon for a similar application as you.
a semi auto with a normal suppressor isn't going to be a huge deal for hunting because it's only one or two rounds but that gas blowback gets old fast ime.

That's somewhat why I'm here. To see if people really liked or really hated a certain can so at least I feel confident in one.

Most people are going to post what they own to seek confirmation on their own purchase(s). People are weird like that with suppressors. So take suggestions with a grain of salt.

Backpressure will be a real issue with a suppressed AR-10.

I don't have any experience with the other cans on the list, but the Omega 300 is a high backpressure can. It's a decent suppressor, works very well on a bolt gun, but IMO it's not optimal for semi use.

Optimizing the gas system (adjustable gas block, BRT EZ-tune, buffer, etc) to run suppressed will probably be equally as important as any suppressor you purchase.

Reactions: cruiserweight
If you have a "well gassed" ar10, you're probably just a buffer change away from the gun running reliably. Granted, environment can and will play into this so your mileage may vary.

I don't think there's any real right answer to the original posters question other than to speak in generalities.

For what you intend to do with the rifle, I would personally want a more corked up can to maximize suppression. I'm not really worried about backpressure on a can that lives on a rifle that is not going to see a lot of rounds. Provided of course that the can isn't over driving bolt velocity to the point where the gun wont work. I really don't think you NEED a modern "flow through" can in order to get your gun to work.

IF you want to avoid having to monkey with the gun at all there are really only a few cans right now on the market that are going to get you where you want to be:

HuxwerkzFlow 762TI
Silencerco Velos LBP 7.62
Maybe some of the CGS offerings since they're over bored and they have vented end caps.

The Griffin Dual lok series of cans has something like a 5% increase in rate of fire which is pretty low in the backpressure department. They also have a great mount system, low flash and great tone.

Other than those cans, for the most part, the commercially available stuff is all traditional baffle designs.

It's up to you to prioritize weight, suppression, size. You've got a fairly generous budget so you can play a bit with your options.

Personally, id recommend a Silencerco Omega 300 DTM. Decent weight, decent suppression, awesome price and if you want it, a muzzle brake.

fwiw I have several cans but for you if this is your first can and you don't want the new flowthrough tech for whatever reason, I have a silencerco omega 30cal can. I've shot the piss out of that can on everything from 7 rem mag down to 223 rem. it's fantastic and can really handle the heat of a full auto 223. on top of that it's very cheap and the most important reason I'm recommend silencerco to you is the customer service. I've had to have my omega serviced once and they are by far the best customer service of any company of any industry I've ever dealt with. long story short, after about 20k rounds of high pressure competition cartridges I wanted it cleaned and inspected. I let them know I had a comp in 3 weeks and I was really hoping to run that particular can if they were able to make it work, they just said they would see what they could do.
I don't remember honestly if they called or emailed the next day but again to keep this relatively short they just explained in order to keep it quick they *basically* gave me a new can with the same serial #.
that same week I had the can back in my hands, approx 7 or 9 days after I had shipped it off.
everything was free except the cheap initial shipping. they even replaced the muzzle brake I had stuck in the can and gave me a brand new muzzle brake. I can be more specific if you want just let me know.
my opinion is anything silencerco will make you happy, however, they don't make the super light weight high end stuff I dig like the all titanium. but yeah, SiCo products are 10/10, just pick which one is right for you. they also offer a new reasonably priced flow through can.

KGM and Huxworkx have some of the lowest back pressure of any cans. Any of the flow through cans would be great, but take a look around here to help you decide:

Thunderbeast cans are awesome, but that have a ton of backpressure and arent good for gas guns.