• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First range trip with the Vudoo

Trippm

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2020
Finally a nice day that was great for the range! Took the Vudoo out to see what all the hype is about:

This rifle-
E0D3A306-FBF9-439E-AA6F-4202556F3878.jpeg

Shot this 50 yard 10 round group on shots 51-60 down the pipe-
9AA2F77F-2FE2-4A5E-8452-FF5E982D9252.jpeg

Worst 10 round group after 50 rounds-
45E58A9A-E022-4E8A-B1C9-8FAC5155B90A.jpeg

Both shot with SK standard plus. 2 different lots.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how a love story begins! Can’t wait to shoot again.

Good to know. I bought two bricks of the Standard Plus on a whim. Need to get to the range to see how they do.

Nice shooting

I have 4 or 5 different lots. Interesting to see the differences. Even if I never find the same standard + lot again!

MB coming in with a like!!! I would like to thank you for such an incredible product. You have another kool-aid drinker to add to your list. Can’t thank you enough!

Trippm, you are killing me. I've got my V22 all together, and can't wait for the ranges to open back up. Ours range closure wasn't State mandated, but voted on by the Board to protect the range officers and other paid employees.

It was worth the wait but I’m happy I got to scratch the itch!

Trippm,
It's great to see a new V22 in a conventional stock instead of another chassis - both my heavy comp V22s are in PRS1Ts also - one in GAP camo, the other in scorched earth. Wouldn't change a thing where these Manners stocks are concerned.

As far as SK Std+ goes, I've had a couple of really good lots over the past 10yrs; one just by chance, the other I bought after testing samples of five different lots. Out of that last batch of SK five lots, three were so good that I had a tough time deciding which one to buy in quantity. The lot I bought turned out to be so good that I'm wishing I'd bought two or three cases instead of one. When I start running low on that case, you can bet I'll be ordering samples to test again...

Enjoy that Vudoo...

Standard + is pretty nice for the price! Who did you use to get specific lots of SK+?

Thank you! I think the rifle deserves more credit than I do.

Tomorrow I will give the 6x5 a go! I’ll shoot 3 ammos- standard +, rifle match and center-x.
Cant wait to shoot this gun more!!

Finally a nice day that was great for the range! Took the Vudoo out to see what all the hype is about:

This rifle-
View attachment 7299672
Shot this 50 yard 10 round group on shots 51-60 down the pipe-
View attachment 7299674

Worst 10 round group after 50 rounds-
View attachment 7299677
Both shot with SK standard plus. 2 different lots.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how a love story begins! Can’t wait to shoot again.
Nice rifle...it could be the twin to my Tikka CTR in 6.5CM I love the Manners stock same scorched earth as mine. Very nice shooting ??

Nice rifle...it could be the twin to my Tikka CTR in 6.5CM I love the Manners stock same scorched earth as mine. Very nice shooting ??
We will see how it looks tomorrow under a little “pressure”!

Happy with the stock/mini chas so far.

Love my Tikka. .223 varmint is pretty accurate

We will see how it looks tomorrow under a little “pressure”!

Happy with the stock/mini chas so far.

Love my Tikka. .223 varmint is pretty accurate

My Tikka 223 varmint shoots great. Consistent 1.4" groups at 200 yards with multiple loads. One of my groups was 0.6", but the last round opened it up. Can't believe how accurate they are for the cost.

My v22 is very impressive. Just can't get to shoot it....been so damn windy lately.

My Tikka 223 varmint shoots great. Consistent 1.4" groups at 200 yards with multiple loads. One of my groups was 0.6", but the last round opened it up. Can't believe how accurate they are for the cost.

My v22 is very impressive. Just can't get to shoot it....been so damn windy lately.
Buck the wind Eddie!!!!!!

Beautiful looking rifle and great shooting too! What’s not to love. What bbl length and contour did you go with

Well, I said I would shoot a 6x5 so here it is. Wind was 15-20 swirling so conditions less than ideal.

I want to make a disclaimer for the bottom group on the right:
- the wind had pretty much stopped.
- I loaded 30 rounds (3-10 round mags) and put 5 on each target.
- I know this group is at least 4 shots. I honestly don’t believe it but I can see 5 entries on the bottom left (so 5 shots remaining for bottom right) and I had a good hold so I don’t think I was off the paper.
- with ~325 rounds down the barrel I don’t know if I’m capable of a 5 shot group like that but MY GOD I hope I am!

Won’t post to the 6x5 thread until I can be 100% as to the results.

475512C6-FDD7-4D1C-9C59-3780FED3E1E0.jpeg
2EE48BFD-8BDE-43B0-8D00-C5C9F2B16039.jpeg
14CCB4EF-4B08-45FF-9BC5-A91A72346965.jpeg
BD105A8A-7901-4EA9-9C52-AACA1A2B7D65.jpeg

I believe it, that's what the rifle is capable of! Congrats!

Reactions: Trippm
I’m loving it. Can’t wait to get out again. Picking between shooting a .22 and turkey hunting has never been an actual choice I had to make... of course I’m turkey hunting! This weekend, beautiful weather, no wind... I might actually pick up the rifle instead of a slate call!!

That is crazy to me.

That sounds cult-like... but damn I am so happy something like this rifle exists!