• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First Rifle, little bit of a lurker

20plusMOA

Private
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2022
Colorado
Greetings. From Denver and Im pretty much brand spanking new to rifles as I have only shot my friend's AR twice. I have two 9mm Glocks, but wanted to try and invest in something different so I picked up this beautiful 6.5 Tikka CTR in 6.5 creedmoor.

It was christened with the blood of the gun shop owner as she got a nasty paper cut from the Tikka box.

I'm sure I'll get to reloading sooner or later, (I got the press/powder drop already from a nice garage sale) but need dies,brass (looks like consensus is Lapua),bullets, primer, powder. For now though I'll probably just get some Hornady ELD

Anyways I read Doug is the man for glass and knowing that you are supposed to spend more on glass than the gun I'm leaning towards the Cronus...only problem is I don't know which model I should get. Any recommendations?

In terms of ranges I have a membership to a range that is 600 yards for when I can get to that level.

Last edited:
Forgot to attach a photo

Attachments

• PXL_20220304_170007972.jpg
    PXL_20220304_170007972.jpg
    625.1 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: Bender