• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First Rifle (Steyr Zephyr ii)

Haggis

Private
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2022
Essex
Hi brought my first rifle last weekend second hand from a friend who is a dealer a SteyrZephyr ii. My father in law gave me a Discovery 4-16×50 scope and a bi pod as he didn't get on with either. I went to my clubs range last night and zeroed in the scope which took a while and a few shot as I've not done it before. After wards I shot a card and was impressed. The poor shots were just me not taking my time but overall I was very happy with my first rifle. The bolt was very smooth in operation and trigger felt positive and broke crisply not like the club Ruger which seem very agricultural in comparison( sorry Ruger owners). Looking forward to a little more fine tuning on the scope and then the club competitions.

Hamish
IMG-20220819-WA0005.jpg

Congratulations! What distance and ammo were you shooting? That is a beautiful rifle you have there! enjoy

Reactions: obx22
Hi its only a small indoor range at 25 yards. I was shooting Eley Sport which keep the price down

Reactions: jbell
6AE8B25F-7CC5-4749-8BF4-B81E94312D93.png
Congratulations on a fine purchase. Like every single rimfire out there, you will find some ammo groups better than others, so when you luck into something it likes, you hoard as much of it as possible. After hunting for decades with single-stage light triggers, the 2-stage Zephyr has taken some getting used to, but I like it as is and haven’t touched the adjustments. As you likely know, they accept CZ magazines, so having an extra couple, or something with higher capacity on range day is a neat option.
Good luck with yours 👍
Pic of mine on its first hunt, swapped scope to something better, looking forward to October!

Reactions: jbell
What a fine choice for one's 1st rifle! Hope you enjoy it, and have a great time finding some ammunition that it prefers - there's no better excuse to do some 50m-100m shooting with a 22RF rifle...

Reactions: obx22