• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First round ever at 1000 yds = "bong" on the gong!

FORESTBARBER

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I know this is old hat to you guys, but I set up two full size IPSC targets side by side/slight overlap at 1050 yds away.

Zero'd AR 50 at 100 yds with Barrett ball. Shooting a bit more than 1 moa. The Barrett chrono'd at 2850 avg.

Tried a few rounds of AAA ammo "Harlow" 705 gr I have had for six-seven years. One hole for three rounds. Did not chrono it.

Adjusted scope per Ballistic FTE on iphone for 1050 yds. Knew we had a little wind from 9 so held on left edge, center.

Sent one of the Harlow's and about three secs later hear "bong"!!!! Hit about a third up from bottom and about 4 inches from rt edge.

I could not believe it. Wow, this is so easy!!!! Right!

Of course I missed the next five, then the darn cows got too curious about the targets. They will probably have them pushed over by in the morning. Meat on the hoof.

I am hooked. But still feel a little deafened by the brake.

I am going for a half day private lesson at Tac Pro Tuesday to shoot AI's.

A .338 is in my future.

Forest

Re: First round ever at 1000 yds = "bong" on the gong!

you'll be dreaming about the delayed steel ring in your sleep for at least a week.