• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First Round Flyer - 6.5cm

ufg8rmike

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2018
Just as it says, first round from every mag shoots high to the left. Turning .5 MOA groups into 1.5MOA 2 different mags, same issue. 10 round magpul mags, with 5 round limiter. Same happens with just 4 rounds in the mag.

First round loaded into the chamber using the bolt release, next 4 from recoil. Need another range day to test this, but my last 5 rounds the other day I tried loading the 1st round into the chamber by hand, then dropping the bolt release, then inserting the mag w 4 rounds in it. This appears to have solved, or at least greatly reduced it.

I have noticed scaring on the copper jacket on rounds manually ejected after being loaded with the bolt release, but I’ve not checked any after being loaded into the chamber w recoil, I will test this as well.

Has anyone solved 1st round flyer issues on an Ar-10, if so, how?

If they are ELD bullets check to see if the tips are randomly breaking off when the bolt is dropped. Do it with dummy rounds. If gently feeding the first round fixed it it has to be something happening to the round when the bolt drops. Get a couple of dummy rounds and drop the bolt a few times and inspect the round.

143 ELD-X precision hunter factory loads, tips not breaking but I will check if they are getting deformed.

By dummy rounds, do you mean hand loading a few without powder charge, for testing purposes?