• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First SBR bolt gun

evilsvt

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2005
college station, TX
5C4C3C41-2B9B-47B1-8D60-CC4A61F3E805.jpeg

Form 1’d a TL3 action since I would get the most versatility out of it. It was approved today so I slapped on the 12” 8.6BLK barrel and dropped it into the HNT26.

Hoping to get some brass made up this weekend and work a load up over the next weekend.

View attachment 8023271

Form 1’d a TL3 action since I would get the most versatility out of it. It was approved today so I slapped on the 12” 8.6BLK barrel and dropped it into the HNT26.

Hoping to get some brass made up this weekend and work a load up over the next weekend.

Gorgeous.

This is my next build also. Right to the end of a McMillan stock. I gotta get a 338 can going.

Whatever steps out

Thank you, if I don’t think it I’ll have a short 6.5 Grendel spun up for it.
I’ll prolly do a 458 socom in the mean time as I have a can for that.

And that YouTube video of that guy hammering whitetails with that 570 grain controlled fracture is nasty.

View attachment 8023271

Cool rifle, but are you telling me that there are firearms owners who actually volunteer information about their guns to the government? 😆

How do you like the stock? PLus and minus about it.

I’ll prolly do a 458 socom in the mean time as I have a can for that.

And that YouTube video of that guy hammering whitetails with that 570 grain controlled fracture is nasty.
Is that the guy using the ATN rangefinder glass that automatically dials in the dope? A few of those does just crumbled

Reactions: HOOFER
I have thought about doing something similar with a pistol brace.

Kinda like the mini fix. Since there are companies now making chassis that work well with a pistol build bolt gun.

I’ve been happy with it. The double hinge is a little different and I have to use a thumb clamp ARCA mount, it’s too loose in my ANVIL

Sweet rig!

Any idea what it weighs?

I’ll throw it on a scale when I get a chance and see what it comes in at. The scope is 40% of the weight.

What is your response time when you file with ATF? Do you get a frequent filer time?

Unfortunately not, only when they decide to batch them out and I have multiple form 4s in.

I have thought about doing something similar with a pistol brace.

Kinda like the mini fix. Since there are companies now making chassis that work well with a pistol build bolt gun.

Shit, I forgot I have the mini fix SBRed. I like the idea of a TL3 where I can use any 700 chassis and get more readily available barrels .

Reactions: SWgeezer
185 CX. Was hoping they would expand, but guess I’m not getting to the threshold. Buddy has been shooting the hammer hunters with great results so I’m going to give them a try

Which projectile weight?

I'm planning on throwing a couple hundred supers through mine before going to subs. Frank Green mentioned I would experience far less fouling with the soft subsonic type projectiles.

Which projectile weight?

I'm planning on throwing a couple hundred supers through mine before going to subs. Frank Green mentioned I would experience far less fouling with the soft subsonic type projectiles.
185s. Was getting 2100 at the muzzle and I think the CX calls for 2250 for expansion.

Reactions: SkyScrapin