• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

first step for the 10/22

elk addict

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2012
bozeangeles, mt
this is the 10/22 i bought for the truck a few years ago. it's just a simple cheap stainless/plastic carbine- or it was... i can't resist messing with it. it's always been an accurate little gun, so i was a little worried about free floating the barrel in a new stock, but i got a good deal on this Cuda (thank you JoeyAld), so after i practiced my krylon skills on the stock i bolted the action in. i suspect i can wait for awhile for a new barrel (depending on whether or not i find a screamin deal on one, of course), but seeing how well it shot today, i'm definitely doing something with the trigger. after zeroing the loopy 6-18 (maybe a little over-scoped, but it seems to like it) and shooting a bunch of random bits of clay pigeon, i decided to shoot a couple groups. i didn't expect it to be this accurate!

177.jpg

175.jpg

5 shot group at 50, 6 shot group at 100. there was some wind, but that's probably just as likely to help me as it is to hurt...
173.jpg

these were with the elcheapo winchester 525 box. i can't wait to try some different ammo & tune up the trigger!

Re: first step for the 10/22

Nice looking rifle, EA. I still have the factory stock barrel on my 10/22 and can't complain. I run mine in a FiberForce stock with Tech-Sights and have really enjoyed it over the years. I've won some local club shoots with it with targets set out to 100 yards, so i know it'll perform within its class of rifle's.