• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors First Suppressor Advice (30 Cal)

Pioneer Paul

Private
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2020
Planning on purchasing my first suppressor and I could use some advice. The can will live on a 11.5” AR15 but I was told I should upgrade to a 30 Cal suppressor so I can use it on my 18” AR10. Was leaning into a DeadAir Sandman S but a local reputable gunsmith told me that he had seen some issues with the mount, the can wouldn’t go on straight leading to end cap strikes. He recommended the SureFire Socom 762 Mini 2. Has anyone heard of that issue with the Sandman? All things considered, between those two suppressors which would you recommend and why? Thanks in advance for your help.

i dont know much about the two cans you have mentioned other than they have been around a while and seem popular choice. But i do have several thunderbeast cans. Not sure if for some reason you have overlooked or just not considering them but they are the best in the game. Paired with the area 419 brake/attachment mount, its a great setup.

Dead Air Sandman-S is a solid choice with great customer support. As for not going on straight to the mount, I don't see how that's possible since it is a taper mount with a locking mechanism.

I would go deadair (and many other brands) before surefire every day of the week. For strictly AR use the sandman is a tank but a little on the heavy side if that matters.

2 great do all cans that are a lot lighter are the thunder beast dominus and rugged radiant. It wouldn’t hurt to make a list of a few cans and compare for what you want and don’t want.

I run a SiCo Omega 300 on various rifles and it's light, short, quiet and full auto rated, which I've used mine for. I've had an Omega since they came out. CS is excellent and fast turn around.

I would go deadair (and many other brands) before surefire every day of the week. For strictly AR use the sandman is a tank but a little on the heavy side if that matters.

2 great do all cans that are a lot lighter are the thunder beast dominus and rugged radiant. It wouldn’t hurt to make a list of a few cans and compare for what you want and don’t want.
Pretty ridiculous statement considering surefire cans are amongst the best out there, if not the best as far as design, build strength, and gas reduction. I’d be interested in hearing how you came to your conclusion, bc it sounds like you have really no experience with suppressors and how they work. If you’re strictly after lightweight, then don’t expect a long life.

OP, sandman are great cans. But out of what you mentioned, the surefire can will be the best

Pretty ridiculous statement considering surefire cans are amongst the best out there, if not the best as far as design, build strength, and gas reduction. I’d be interested in hearing how you came to your conclusion, bc it sounds like you have really no experience with suppressors and how they work. If you’re strictly after lightweight, then don’t expect a long life.

OP, sandman are great cans. But out of what you mentioned, the surefire can will be the best

Why is it ridiculous to have an opinion? I’ve shot numerous surefire cans and nothing about them makes me want to run out and buy one. I think there’s many better options out there which is again my opinion. Being based out of California doesn’t make me want to like their products more then I do either.

I also didn’t say I was strictly after lightweight and thats all the op should care about. As a first time suppressor buyer there’s a lot to consider, will it be dedicated? Multi use? If you’re not after non stop mag dump capability then weight is a big consideration in my opinion but it all depends on his needs. Having said that there are plenty of light weight and very durable suppressors out there, it doesn’t have to be one or the other in most cases.

I'm not sure why you're getting recommendations for Thunder Beast Ultra series cans for a 11.5" AR. I'm not saying it would be my last choice, but it's far from my first. They're great cans for bolt rifles with a medium to slow rate of fire, where precision is the priority.

The Sandman would be a good choice. Dead Air had some QC issues before they switched over manufacturers, but they are through that now and even when that was going on, they were standing behind the product.

There's a solid dozen or more cans that would suit your purpose that are made by reputable companies that are likely to be around in ten years to help you out with an issue. That's probably one of the more important factors in my opinion. I would take a look at some of the offerings from Griffin Armament. The Paladin is a nice can with some good options, including coming apart for cleaning and it's light at 14.5oz for something rated to 300WM.

You can’t go wrong with TBAC, Surefire, Dead Air, SilencerCo, Bowers, Rugged, etc..... only thing I’d recommend is staying away from Q or Griffin... friends don’t let friends buy them (IMO). Cans are addicting man. I’d pick one best suited for the 308, and compromise using it for the SBR personally.... it’s only a matter of time before you’re adding 5 in the cart at once online through silencershop. That’s how I ended up with 9 all in jail at one point

Comparing to most cans on the market, it spills less gas to the user. You can call BS all you’d like, but their design is spot on and works. There’s a port underneath the blast baffle that releases most gas. Referencing the RC2.
Rugged Radiant 7.62 is what I would use for a first 30 cal can. Somewhat configurable with 30 and 556 end caps, two length configurations, good tone.

Gotta call BS on that one.

Cans don’t “reduce” gas per se but some are designed to better manage back pressure thus reducing the amount of gas going back through the system. Often this improved back pressure mgmt comes at the cost of increased weight and overall sound reduction (sound reduction is literally the last of my considerations when suppressing gas guns anyway).

Knights and Surefire Socom lines come to mind. All my gas guns get cans made by one of those two. I have heard good things about the TBAC Dominus as well as the Sandman but have no hands-on experience with either of them.

The SF 7.62 mini would be a solid choice IMO.

@Pioneer Paul , Any chance you live near a range where some of the regulars run cans on their carbines? Perhaps you can get some first hand experiences with one or more of the suppressors you’re considering?

Comparing to most cans on the market, it spills less gas to the user. You can call BS all you’d like, but their design is spot on and works. There’s a port underneath the blast baffle that releases most gas. Referencing the RC2.

Mil contract cans tend to have more port pop and induce gas face because all mil cares about is downrange report, not shooter's ear, at the expense of higher backpressure. SF is a very popular mil can contractor, so as a blanket statement you'd be mistaken in your original statement. As far as the RC2 specifically, I haven't split that hair myself but I won't hold on for dear life to the notion that all SF cans are the same in this way.

Reactions: Lucreau
Mil contract cans tend to have more port pop and induce gas face because all mil cares about is downrange report, not shooter's ear, at the expense of higher backpressure. SF is a very popular mil can contractor, so as a blanket statement you'd be mistaken in your original statement. As far as the RC2 specifically, I haven't split that hair myself but I won't hold on for dear life to the notion that all SF cans are the same in this way.
If all you’re looking for is how quiet a can is, then ya you may look elsewhere. Who actually sits there all day and runs hundreds to thousands of rounds without ear pro? I’ll wait. If you’re looking for a one and done can, as the OP is, then the surefire will beat out any of the others mentioned here, on design and function. I’d also recommend having realworld experience on a subject. Nowhere did I say it’s the quietest, and nowhere did I mention SOCOM. I’m VERY familiar with the contracts. As far as back pressure, it’s of the least in its category. As far as longevity, it’s at the top of its category. I own 13 cans. 4 of them surefires. I have quite a bit of time behind them, as well as the others mentioned in this thread.

Again, on track. To the OP, of the 2 you mentioned, the surefire will be the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pioneer Paul
You weren't talking about the RC2 initially, as I've admitted I know almost nothing about. You generalized all SF cans and used the subjective term "best", I was just outlining where I would disagree based on things I know as generalizations. I appreciate the clarification and do believe you, but the way you originally came off was at face value, and if only in part, inaccurate. If they work for you then that's awesome, but OP was asking about the SF SOCOM so I rebutted in suit. We could probably tally this one up to OP's vague usage intention instead of an outright disagreement between can comparisons.

if you go surefire why not just get the rc2? i would also look at thunderbeast as suggested above.
I did not consider the RC2 because of the length. The suppressor is primarily going to be used on an 11.5" AR15 so I'm looking for something a little shorter.

i dont know much about the two cans you have mentioned other than they have been around a while and seem popular choice. But i do have several thunderbeast cans. Not sure if for some reason you have overlooked or just not considering them but they are the best in the game. Paired with the area 419 brake/attachment mount, its a great setup.
Honestly, I'm very new to this. My initial search focused on Dead Air (I have a Wolfman sitting in jail), Surefire and SilencerCo. But you are not the first person to recommend Thunderbeast, sounds like I will have to expand my search. Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: Bangarang
You can’t go wrong with TBAC, Surefire, Dead Air, SilencerCo, Bowers, Rugged, etc..... only thing I’d recommend is staying away from Q or Griffin... friends don’t let friends buy them (IMO). Cans are addicting man. I’d pick one best suited for the 308, and compromise using it for the SBR personally.... it’s only a matter of time before you’re adding 5 in the cart at once online through silencershop. That’s how I ended up with 9 all in jail at one point
I know exactly what you mean, I have a Wolfman for my scorpion sitting in jail right now. Pretty easy to get carried away. It's just the fact that it takes ~12 months that has stifled my appetite, I imagine that is the ATFs intention. I was leaning really hard into the Sandman because it is durable and it seems fairly modular with the swappable end caps. With an $1000+ investment that takes a year to receive, I just want to make sure I am making the right decision.

Cans don’t “reduce” gas per se but some are designed to better manage back pressure thus reducing the amount of gas going back through the system. Often this improved back pressure mgmt comes at the cost of increased weight and overall sound reduction (sound reduction is literally the last of my considerations when suppressing gas guns anyway).

Knights and Surefire Socom lines come to mind. All my gas guns get cans made by one of those two. I have heard good things about the TBAC Dominus as well as the Sandman but have no hands-on experience with either of them.

The SF 7.62 mini would be a solid choice IMO.

@Pioneer Paul , Any chance you live near a range where some of the regulars run cans on their carbines? Perhaps you can get some first hand experiences with one or more of the suppressors you’re considering?
So from your experience back pressure and noise reduction are negatively correlated? I would agree that I would be glad to sacrifice decibel reduction for receiving less gas in the face. Unfortunately no, I just moved to Colorado and I don't have many friends/acquaintances in the firearm community so I don't have access to any of these suppressors so try before I buy is unlikely.

So from your experience back pressure and noise reduction are negatively correlated? I would agree that I would be glad to sacrifice decibel reduction for receiving less gas in the face. Unfortunately no, I just moved to Colorado and I don't have many friends/acquaintances in the firearm community so I don't have access to any of these suppressors so try before I buy is unlikely.

Generally speaking, yes. For example, my AAC SDN-6 is very quiet but also managed back pressure poorly compared to my Surefire Socom. The SDN-6 is much quieter and doesn’t require the shooter to have hearing protection. The Socom is noticeably louder so I some regular ear buds when shooting with it. I run my SDN-6 on a 6.5 Creedmoor bolt gun that has a relatively low firing cadence. My Socom is on a 10.3” AR that has a much higher cadence but still doesn’t come close to that of a military, agency or contractor usage pattern.

You can mitigate over gassing issues to a large extent with an adjustable gas block. I run those on all my non-KAC AR pattern rifles and it def makes a difference.

Honestly any of the above suppressor manufacturers mentioned make a suppressor that will meet your needs and then some; most of us will never come close to really pushing their limits. IMO it comes down to price vs intangibles (for example, do you favor any one brand over the others or are you building a clone that requires a specific suppressor to be considered “correct”).

Just know that some models are more suited for gas gun application than others.

Generally, yeah, the better a suppressor works at the muzzle (what we call "milspec" (MS) position), the worse it does with backpressure and the shooter's ear (SE). There are some tweaks here and there to the general rule, but it holds more or less. That's one reason we made the Dominus actually be .30 cal. Baffle tweaks made it still quiet on 556 but the larger volume and bore made it quieter at SE. On a 10.5" Seekins PDW it meters under 140 at both positions with Mk318.
Also, adjusting the gas port size can make a large difference in SE numbers.
Piston guns that vent gas at/near the gas port (front of piston) once the piston moves will very often be a lot louder.

I already know this post is gonna bring the hate but here we go!
When it comes to suppressor, your use is a very important factor for you.....

The can will live on a 11.5” AR15 but I was told I should upgrade to a 30 Cal suppressor so I can use it on my 18” AR10.

So with an AR we have a hire rate of fire, volume of fire and what does this mean to us? this means heat and abrasion.
Thus we can immediately eliminate anything that has titanium baffles(this means no thunderbeast!!). If we want super durable we want inconel or even better stellite. You may see stainless steel or chrome moly in cheap suppressors but buyer be ware.

Now WHY becomes the big thing. Titanium is light and strong BUT when we are stringing shots without allowing time to cool it will get hot fast and rapidly erode and decrease usable life FAST, Yikes! Now with Inconel and stellite they retain strength when hot, they are also very very hard and brittle, not ductile. What this means for us is as we shoot that sandblasting effect from shooting (especially in short barrel rifles) that abrasion has less effect. Aluminum does ok but very dependent on what kind they used, they range from burning your money to great for their purpose.

Where would an all titanium suppressor be useful to us? Hunting? Absolutely. Bolt action slow and methodical shooting? Definitely. Each have their use and their place. Not that we can’t use them in other applications but user beware of what you are doing.

Recommendations? Dead Air, the sandman is a beast! Rugged, surge or radiant, the radiant will have lower back pressure and the first 2 baffles are stellite. I recommend jumping on silencer shop, sort by caliber 7.62 and then by material Inconel and Stellite. Then do some research. They won’t be cheap but they will last significantly longer.
The biggest thing to ask yourself is do you want heavy duty durability last a long time or do you want something light and easy, low round count when shooting? Or maybe to hell with it and have money to burn! That is all up to you, your use and situation.

As a side note, titanium suppressors have been studied on an AR, you can basically do a mag dump or two before it hits temp and you can either rapidly increase erosion or let it cool off, the choice is yours. This depends on a few factors but with an SBR just call it one.

TBAC
Your marketing does NOT change physics.
Stop trying to push people into your product when it is not right for them. Have some integrity. Honesty goes a long ways...

Your suppressors are primarily for bolt action shooting. Stay in your lane.

I get it, your “torture test” which is at best showing you as a company did due diligence, built the suppressor as best you can and it can endure some part time use in a higher round count without significantly compromising the product. That in and of itself is fantastic. If you stopped there, I myself would not only buy one or more of your suppressors, I would a actively recommend your product for its quality and use case. Which is where I was at before I saw this thread, yes I was planning to buy one by the end of the year and I recommend quality products to others.
However to try to push marketing garbage and con someone into a product that is not designed for their use case is outright WRONG. Since you didn’t come out announcing some new metal hybrid whatever that’s unobtainium snake oil, let’s continue to assume you are using titanium.

Unless.....Ladies and Gentleman I think TBAC may have a policy change here to their warranty! Is that what we are hearing?! If I buy your suppressor the Dominus-SR, I can heavy use it on any of my ARs and it is covered 100% by warranty and TBAC will replace it for free when I shoot it out in a few thousand rounds? It’s normal expected use.... If so, put that in writing and I will take 2 right now! This needs to be a major announcement if it’s true....

If you want to argue physics then put your money where your mouth is. Get several big name Youtubers so let’s grab military arms channel, iraqveteran8888 and pew science. Then you tbac supply a dead air sandman l, rugged surge762 and your Dominus. Let’s watch a torture test melt down as scientific as we can. Better yet, I want the suppressors supplied at random from silencershop to ensure no funny business but on your tab.

Short of that, if your intent is to scam others, and that is exactly what it appears to be right now, shutup and get out of this forum. You are not doing yourself or anyone else any favors selling them a product that fails to meet task and purpose. Short of that I will start reporting you EVERY TIME you don’t meet task and purpose for attempting to scam. In the mean time I will make it my personal mission to hunt these forums and discredit you at every opportunity with science.

Let me give you a preview, your suppressor will meet physics, it will fail. The other two will still be going strong.

Now you have a few options. I would suggest apologizing, explain you only meant to show your can was durable and can take occasional abuse or something to that effect and then we don’t have to repeat this.

Let me be clear, I am not hating on TBAC suppressors. I am hating on false marketing and scamming good people.

Last edited:
Hard to give advice without more details. Whats the budget? How much do you care about weight, length, maximizing dB suppression, serviceability?

From what I gather from what you did say durability is of high importance if your putting it on shorter barrels and AR-10s.

We have more publicized data on our cans than anyone else out there and we're totally transparent about it.

The Dominus-SR video isn't a "torture test" gimmick. It's a demonstration of the published and guaranteed firing schedule the can was designed for. We do can destruction tests all the time and what we rate and guarantee for is always on the conservative side.

If you have a firing schedule that materially exceeds the SOCOM/SURGE spec on a Mk18, then you probably need a steel, etc, can that weighs closer to 20 ounces. We wouldn't tell you otherwise, and that's why we spell out exactly what it will take. (And we do make heavier-duty cans that weigh over 20 oz.) The Dominus-SR is not advertised as a belt-fed machinegun can. It's a hard-use can for the Mk18 / M4.

The reality is that it is very hard to actually shoot an 8-mag sustained firing rate that exceeds the SOCOM/SURGE spec unless you go out with the goal of shooting 8 mag dumps on full auto. The 8-mag SOCOM/SURGE test would be equivalent to getting into a firefight and shooting your entire loadout in 3-4 minutes. Well, the Dominus-SR is guaranteed to take at least 10 of those cycles. And if not heated to the max temperature that 1 cycle will peak at, the wear and tear on the can is negligible (much like chamber throat wear), or to put it another way, that "cycle" doesn't even count.

So two years ago or whenever we were speccing out what we wanted our hard-use can to be, it came down to, did we want to make a can that you could run 250-round belts through on a SAW but it would weigh close to 20 ounces; or one that would exceed real-world hard-use firing rates on a Mk18 and be light weight. We settled on the latter, due to the logic of the prior paragraph and talking to a bunch of military, LE, etc who had an opinion about it.

The specs on the can are what they are. There's no deception about it .

Here’s my DeadAir Sandman S on my 10.5in MK18
I use this can on everything from 223, 6.5, 270, 3006, too 300wm and it’s better than my Thunderbeast 30P direct thread

5A8D440B-7333-4309-910B-8BECF8CD4CB6.jpeg

9B103C06-02AF-4FB7-B921-D333566D257E.jpeg

Not sure where in Colorado you live but might try going to visit Mile High. They have lots of cans in stock you could check out. Might not get to put rounds down range but you could get a hands on idea of weight, size, mounting interface...etc.

I am admittedly biased toward TBAC. I have a 30P-1 that was my first can. I have 2 ultra 7s, a ultra 338, and 2 dominus on order. I also have a couple of sico cans as well. One of my ultra 7s has over 20k rounds through it. Mostly from a shooting PRS bolt and gas gun (before the prs Gas Gun series got cancelled). It has had multiple trips out west shooting pdogs to the tune of about 1k rounds over about 2-3 days. Not going full auto crazy like some of the folks are talking about here but honestly i dont know a lot of people who have a lot of interest in doing mag dump after mag dump. As far as a do everything can, the best i have experience with to suggest would be a dominus because it is short, light,quiet and durable enough for 95% of any end user. The other reason i would suggest it as a primary do all can is i am making the assumption you have a few other rifles than your ARs. If you hunt, youll want to hunt with a can from here on out and the dominus would be a better choice than the others you listed. I guess what i am saying is that it does everything well to very well. You should be happy with any of them, i just think you'd be happier with the dominus.

Reactions: Gtscotty
Making substantial edits to a post after the fact is poor form, IMO. If nothing else it makes downstream replies make less sense.

Our warranty should be clear with respect to the Dominus based on what is written on its product-spec page.

Comments re: the Ultras--

I do understand the gut reaction that Ti is only for slow fire bolt gun cans. This is true historically due to older can designs; Ti cans that were not made as strong as they could have been; and many present Ti cans being optimized for the lightest weight; many of them being lower-volume (high pressure) designs; and that Ti will eventually melt. The Ultras do fall into this "precision, ultra-lightweight" category, and that's why we recommend them for precision and/or aimed fire applications, not the "hard use" criteria. We have tested many Ultras to failure and they can actually take a lot more. Their common use (or commonly-thought-of use) is maybe analogous to buying a sportbike and never taking it over 65 mph. The Ultras are a lot stronger or durable than people think, but we still give them a conservative rating.

I bought a OSS HX-QD 762 Ti. I was very concerned about blow back on my semi autos and some FA Rifles.

I started with aac. Kinda wish someone told me not to. Although I do really like my sdn6 it’s really a 300bo can and that’s where it stays the 556sd I got is a GREAT can for 499$ but I wouldn’t pay more than that for it. I also have a chimera and it’s very pleasant even on a 12.5 308 ar10 gassy yes, but it’s a 308sbr. It’s also pretty heavy. My omega300 is my “precision” can it typically stays with 556 end cap and I run it on my “accurate” ar’s and the 556 end cap works beautifully for my 6mm’s. (I would make damn sure your threads are cut correctly) If I could only have 1 can the omega would be it but I’d upgrade the mount to an area 419 set up. the slide
lock on the asr type mounts tears the shit outta my hand. I think my next purchase will be a Surefire 556 mini it’ll live on my 11.5 bcm rifle. (Sbr’s are never really quiet no matter what people claim, might as well buy a can made and known to take a shit ton of abuse)

I already know this post is gonna bring the hate but here we go!
When it comes to suppressor, your use is a very important factor for you.....

So with an AR we have a hire rate of fire, volume of fire and what does this mean to us? this means heat and abrasion.
Thus we can immediately eliminate anything that has titanium baffles(this means no thunderbeast!!). If we want super durable we want inconel or even better stellite. You may see stainless steel or chrome moly in cheap suppressors but buyer be ware.

Now WHY becomes the big thing. Titanium is light and strong BUT when we are stringing shots without allowing time to cool it will get hot fast and rapidly erode and decrease usable life FAST, Yikes! Now with Inconel and stellite they retain strength when hot, they are also very very hard and brittle, not ductile. What this means for us is as we shoot that sandblasting effect from shooting (especially in short barrel rifles) that abrasion has less effect. Aluminum does ok but very dependent on what kind they used, they range from burning your money to great for their purpose.

Where would an all titanium suppressor be useful to us? Hunting? Absolutely. Bolt action slow and methodical shooting? Definitely. Each have their use and their place. Not that we can’t use them in other applications but user beware of what you are doing.

Recommendations? Dead Air, the sandman is a beast! Rugged, surge or radiant, the radiant will have lower back pressure and the first 2 baffles are stellite. I recommend jumping on silencer shop, sort by caliber 7.62 and then by material Inconel and Stellite. Then do some research. They won’t be cheap but they will last significantly longer.
The biggest thing to ask yourself is do you want heavy duty durability last a long time or do you want something light and easy, low round count when shooting? Or maybe to hell with it and have money to burn! That is all up to you, your use and situation.

As a side note, titanium suppressors have been studied on an AR, you can basically do a mag dump or two before it hits temp and you can either rapidly increase erosion or let it cool off, the choice is yours. This depends on a few factors but with an SBR just call it one.
TBAC
Your marketing does NOT change physics.
Stop trying to push people into your product when it is not right for them. Have some integrity. Honesty goes a long ways...

Your suppressors are primarily for bolt action shooting. Stay in your lane.

I get it, your “torture test” which is at best showing you as a company did due diligence, built the suppressor as best you can and it can endure some part time use in a higher round count without significantly compromising the product. That in and of itself is fantastic. If you stopped there, I myself would not only buy one or more of your suppressors, I would a actively recommend your product for its quality and use case. Which is where I was at before I saw this thread, yes I was planning to buy one by the end of the year and I recommend quality products to others.
However to try to push marketing garbage and con someone into a product that is not designed for their use case is outright WRONG. Since you didn’t come out announcing some new metal hybrid whatever that’s unobtainium snake oil, let’s continue to assume you are using titanium.

Unless.....Ladies and Gentleman I think TBAC may have a policy change here to their warranty! Is that what we are hearing?! If I buy your suppressor the Dominus-SR, I can heavy use it on any of my ARs and it is covered 100% by warranty and TBAC will replace it for free when I shoot it out in a few thousand rounds? It’s normal expected use.... If so, put that in writing and I will take 2 right now! This needs to be a major announcement if it’s true....

If you want to argue physics then put your money where your mouth is. Get several big name Youtubers so let’s grab military arms channel, iraqveteran8888 and pew science. Then you tbac supply a dead air sandman l, rugged surge762 and your Dominus. Let’s watch a torture test melt down as scientific as we can. Better yet, I want the suppressors supplied at random from silencershop to ensure no funny business but on your tab.

Short of that, if your intent is to scam others, and that is exactly what it appears to be right now, shutup and get out of this forum. You are not doing yourself or anyone else any favors selling them a product that fails to meet task and purpose. Short of that I will start reporting you EVERY TIME you don’t meet task and purpose for attempting to scam. In the mean time I will make it my personal mission to hunt these forums and discredit you at every opportunity with science.

Let me give you a preview, your suppressor will meet physics, it will fail. The other two will still be going strong.

Now you have a few options. I would suggest apologizing, explain you only meant to show your can was durable and can take occasional abuse or something to that effect and then we don’t have to repeat this.

Let me be clear, I am not hating on TBAC suppressors. I am hating on false marketing and scamming good people.

You call the folks at TBAC liars and more, state that you'll stalk them around this site, disproving their claims with physics and science, then fail to present anything that looks like relevant physics or science. Where are your specs, graphs, charts? I'd love to hear what material properties you think are most important to high temperature gas/particle erosion in a can, how internal geometries affect this, etc.

Reactions: Lonestar1027
A 556 can offers better suppression for 556 than a 30 cal can will but the 30 cal can accommodate multiple calibers. Is this summary correct? I am currently shopping suppressors for a 556 pistol.

I bought my oss 762 for multi calibers. I shoot 7.62x51, 762x39, 6.5 cm, 556, and in the very near future I will be shooting 6mm ARC through it.

A 556 can offers better suppression for 556 than a 30 cal can will but the 30 cal can accommodate multiple calibers. Is this summary correct? I am currently shopping suppressors for a 556 pistol.
Typically true but not always the case. 30 cal is simply wider bore so could work with any caliber that is .308 diameter or less.

That’s true unless it has changeable end caps then it MIGHT be better to have a 30 cal can. I think if you’re only gonna have one to start, it should be a 30cal then a dedicated 223 can would be the second

That’s true unless it has changeable end caps then it MIGHT be better to have a 30 cal can. I think if you’re only gonna have one to start, it should be a 30cal then a dedicated 223 can would be the second

Would agree with this. Dont forget the volume of your can is huge factor in how quiet it makes something. So bigger is quieter.... but longer and heavier and you get diminishing returns for every inch you add on a can.

Would agree with this. Dont forget the volume of your can is huge factor in how quiet it makes something. So bigger is quieter.... but longer and heavier and you get diminishing returns for every inch you add on a can.
So are the surefire cans pretty much an optimized medium for some suppression without too much weight?

I can't say anything good or bad about the suppressors you have listed. For my first can I went with an Energetic Armament VOX S. It was interesting, seems to be very well built and when I called them the owner answered the phone and talked to me for 20 minutes about them. I haven't shot it yet, I have paid my dealer $200 to store it for me for a year. I think it would be worth checking out.

I use TBAC 338 with area 419 attachment for all bolt guns all the way down to .223. I use a .30 Sandman S for both .223. AR-15 and my AR-10. I use a Obsidian .45 pistol can for .22 RF up to .45 cal on all my pistols and PCC. I have a TBAC 9” .30 cal can but the .338 is just that much better leaving the 9” in the safe.

Everyone has all kinds suppressor Opinions. Unless you have connections to shoot every one or the cash to buy every one you’ll give yourself a headache trying to figure it all out. What one guy thinks is great the other thinks is crap. Just look at this thread.

As for the issue with the Sandman attachment hiders and brakes that’s long been fixed and haven’t seen any issues with mine at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoldCorrections