• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors First Suppressor Help

GibsonL5

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2018
TX
I know nothing about quality suppressor choice, but looking to get my first. So, looking for something to share between my 6.5 creedmoor ctr with 24" barrel and 300 blackout with 9" barrel. It will spend 75% of it's time on the tikka 6.5 for shooting steel and hunting hogs. I've researched alityle bit and the ultra 7 comes up alot..the sico omega 300 seems to be mentioned quite often as well.
Hoping to get feedback on the 2 (as well as other recommendations) for my situation. I'm also not familiar with mounting of these. Do they mount direct to barrel or are there other (better) options?

Thanks for any helpful insight.

Can’t go wrong with either mentioned, love my omega but if I were in your shoes I’d be looking hard at a dominus CB

Reactions: 260284
I have the ultra 9
My BIL has the Omega

Both work very well

Mine is DT his has the options for both DT and QD

TBAC makes them for both DT and QD but you can’t switch them yourself like the Omega

TBAC is the go to for precision suppressors.

If you don’t want to have the extra expense of muzzle devices then DT is a good choice. I have DT and have been considering switching to the QD system.

I have used my ultra on AR 15 in 556 and 300 BO (8” SBR) up to 300 WM and have been very happy. My BIL uses his mainly on a 308 and it’s been excellent as well

My DT Ultra 9 has come loose on the AR10 308 but I keep an eye on it. The 300 BO only gets shot with subs as more of a range toy.

I bought a 556 Saker ASR for my AR15. I wanted something that can take abuse. The Omega is rated for full auto but I had seen some threads in the past of the baffles being chewed up when running the flash hider vs the brake.

TBAC recommends keeping the ultra under 800 degrees I believe. I wasn’t worried so much with the heat on mine as I was with it loosening up.

I run the DT TBAC Ultra 9 on all bolt guns/AR10 and 300 BO SBR

I run the Saker 556 on my 556 SBR and several other AR‘s

In your shoes if you don’t plan to do mag dumps and only have a couple guns then TBAC Ultra 7 with CB brakes is what I’d get

Eventually you’ll want others as well. The 36M is another on my list for future

I use my SilencerCo Chimera-300 on everything from .223 to .308 ... and it loves all three of my 6.5 Creedmoor's. I think it's the best suppressor on the market today. I also have an Omega 45K and an Omega 36M, but like the Chimera-300 more (so much more, that I have two of them). Photo of my "Suppressor Briefcase" below ...

IMG_4022.jpg

Reactions: REL1203
Hey guys, I’m really new to precision shooting. In fact I recently purchased a t3x in 6.5 creedmoor, and I’m interested in getting a suppressor, and I’m trying to find the fastest way to do so, with out building my own. Any suggestions?

Hey guys, I’m really new to precision shooting. In fact I recently purchased a t3x in 6.5 creedmoor, and I’m interested in getting a suppressor, and I’m trying to find the fastest way to do so, with out building my own. Any suggestions?

Find a shop with a TBAC in stock, purchase it and fill out the form 4 with finger prints and photo. If it’s not in your area it will have to be transferred to your local shop on a form 3, which are approved pretty quick. Be prepared for the wait, and when approved, enjoy your new can.

I’ve used Thunderbeast with CB mounts and Surefire suppressors. If I chose a one and done solution it would be the Thunderbeast Dominus SR.

The specs on that suppressor put it between the Ultra 7 and 9. The 9 is the excellent on bolt guns and gas guns. I doubt you will distinguish the sound difference between the Dominus and 9. The 7 and 9 are both highly regarded suppressors, so the Dominus is right in that sound range.

The TB SR mounting system will be similar to the Surefire mounting system since you can lock a mount inside the can. This gives you the option to direct thread if you keep a flash hinder or brake free from permanently mounting it to your barrel.

You will need to own a suppressor and extra mounts to understand this concept, but it works and gives you flexibility to move your can between guns.

I hate shooting unsuppressed now,so be prepared for a lifestyle change. Don’t forget to add a TB .22 takedown to your order. Order two cans at once if you can swing it - it makes pickup day that much more rewarding. Good luck.

There are no shortcuts here ... find one in stock that works (I suggest a SC Chimera-300), get finger-printed, fill out a Form-4, pay lots of money, and be prepared to wait about 7-9 months.

I use a Silencerco Chimera-300 on my Tikka T3x TAC A1 in 6.5-CM ... and it's awesome. I actually have two of them. Waited a long time for both.