• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors First suppressor

lintond

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2018
Oregon
Have been dreaming about a suppressor for a while now. Thinking about pulling the trigger in the next few months. I'll be using it on my hunting rifles (28 Nos, 6.5CM, and 223) so I'm trying to decide if a QD mount is the right approach or if it isn't worth the weight. Any recommendations from the crowd here? Omega, Ultra 7, Nomad, ?????.

Just got my 2nd can, a few months ago. It was the Omega 300. Does the job. Use it mostly on my 6.8 spc. No complaints on my end. I use mine qd, not that much heavier. Then again, you want to use yours for hunting. Don't know how heavy your rig is. Don't think it will be much heavier. Think it might just come down to brand preference. Don't have experience with the other 2 mentioned. Good luck!

Reactions: EnXCess
Have been dreaming about a suppressor for a while now. Thinking about pulling the trigger in the next few months. I'll be using it on my hunting rifles (28 Nos, 6.5CM, and 223) so I'm trying to decide if a QD mount is the right approach or if it isn't worth the weight. Any recommendations from the crowd here? Omega, Ultra 7, Nomad, ?????.

I have a SiCo ASR brake/Mount on all my rifles and love it, so easy going from host to host a breeze...I would go for a Form 1 can if your planning on hunting with the can THIS year as the wait on Form 4’s could take a year. I own both and the difference in sound is almost zero with the big difference being 3 weeks wait on the stamp approval and the quality of the form 1 cans are really improving. Just my 2c

help for new suppressor owner

do subs with round nose bullets make less noise in flight that a pointed match bullet?

mine seem to make a zipping noise that is not present in RN bullets

I have a QD and it is a pain to have to buy a mount for every rifle or move the mounts around (which defeats the whole "QD" idea). I now buy only DT. I don't switch them around that much, but I do take my DT's off every time I clean the barrel, which is often during barrel break-in. Only takes me a few seconds.

I have a Banish 30 and would certainly recommend it for your hunting. With it you get a 7" suppressor and a 9" all in one, instead of having to choice one or the other as with TBAC, etc. I think the Banish are more accurate than sealed cans, too (probably due to the welds in sealed cans and ease of cleaning). Three weeks ago we were discussing (okay, arguing about ;) ) this in the "Thunderbeast vs" thread and I posted a target I had recently shot with 4 consecutive groups, 5 shots each, averaging .284" at 100 yards with my .204 with my Banish 223 on it. No one has been able to match it. The sealed can guys for years have bragged that their cans are the most accurate, but it is pure BS. I am just starting to work up the optimum load for my 7mm-08 but it is already obvious that my Banish 30 is going to be a tack-driver, too.

The Banish are user-serviceable which makes them easy and cheap to clean. Read the "Do you clean your suppressor?" thread to see why cleaning is important (guys talking about the sealed suppressors gaining 10 oz. of weight from carbon build-up, spending days doing repeated soakings to get a few ounces out at a time, etc.)

Many other reasons to go with Banish. I have no affiliation with the company that manufactures or sells the Banish. Just a a happy customer with a Banish 223 and a Banish 30. Did I mention I think they are the best suppressor on the market, so long as you are not looking for something that will handle extremely short barrels or high rates of fire? :)

Unless all your barrels are the same thread pattern you will need more than one suppressor if it is direct thread. If you want the lowest sound level then you will also need more than one suppressor to match calibers, direct thread or quick attach. You have to decide the compromises you are possibly going to make. Whether it is multiple suppressors or multiple quick attach devices is your decision.

Unless all your barrels are the same thread pattern you will need more than one suppressor if it is direct thread. If you want the lowest sound level then you will also need more than one suppressor to match calibers, direct thread or quick attach. You have to decide the compromises you are possibly going to make. Whether it is multiple suppressors or multiple quick attach devices is your decision.

I shoot my Banish 30 (.308 cal.) all the time on my .223 and .204's, with simple bushing that adapts me from 5/8" x 24 to 1/2" x 28. Works great, very accurate.

As for the noise, a .223 shot through my Banish 30 in its 9" configuration is no louder than one shot through my Banish 223 (which only comes in 7", no extension possible for it).

I was shooting my 7mm-08 through my Banish 30 in its 7" configuration on Wednesday at a busy range, and several people remarked about how quiet it was. I didn't bother to tell them it is a lot quieter if I screw the 2" extension on. Whether a suppressor is a larger caliber than your bullet is not something I would worry about. Had I known how well my Banish 30 was going to work on my .204, I may have just gone straight to the 30 and skipped the Banish 223.

Well, maybe not. I do like having both. :)

I am planning to get a 30 cal for versatility across multiple calibers.

I have a QD and it is a pain to have to buy a mount for every rifle or move the mounts around (which defeats the whole "QD" idea). I now buy only DT. I don't switch them around that much, but I do take my DT's off every time I clean the barrel, which is often during barrel break-in. Only takes me a few seconds.

I have a Banish 30 and would certainly recommend it for your hunting. With it you get a 7" suppressor and a 9" all in one, instead of having to choice one or the other as with TBAC, etc. I think the Banish are more accurate than sealed cans, too (probably due to the welds in sealed cans and ease of cleaning). Three weeks ago we were discussing (okay, arguing about ;) ) this in the "Thunderbeast vs" thread and I posted a target I had recently shot with 4 consecutive groups, 5 shots each, averaging .284" at 100 yards with my .204 with my Banish 223 on it. No one has been able to match it. The sealed can guys for years have bragged that their cans are the most accurate, but it is pure BS. I am just starting to work up the optimum load for my 7mm-08 but it is already obvious that my Banish 30 is going to be a tack-driver, too.

The Banish are user-serviceable which makes them easy and cheap to clean. Read the "Do you clean your suppressor?" thread to see why cleaning is important (guys talking about the sealed suppressors gaining 10 oz. of weight from carbon build-up, spending days doing repeated soakings to get a few ounces out at a time, etc.)

Many other reasons to go with Banish. I have no affiliation with the company that manufactures or sells the Banish. Just a a happy customer with a Banish 223 and a Banish 30. Did I mention I think they are the best suppressor on the market, so long as you are not looking for something that will handle extremely short barrels or high rates of fire? :)
I'll take a look at these. You seem to be a very happy customer.

I was shooting my 7mm-08 through my Banish 30 in its 7" configuration on Wednesday at a busy range, and several people remarked about how quiet it was. I didn't bother to tell them it is a lot quieter if I screw the 2" extension on. Whether a suppressor is a larger caliber than your bullet is not something I would worry about. Had I known how well my Banish 30 was going to work on my .204, I may have just gone straight to the 30 and skipped the Banish 223.
Yes everytime I am out at my local range, guys always stop and ask what can I am shooting. Banish30. Makes range shooting more enjoyable.