• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors First suppressor

300wmSlick

Slick
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2017
Indiana
I ordered my first suppressor last month and am currently in the waiting game since Thunderbeast is backlogged. I know it will be worth the wait though.
I'm looking for some advice on using a suppressor like how often does it need cleaned (roughly, i know it all varies based on a multitude of variables), how often to check that it is still tight, and any other advice I could receive would be appreciated.
I ordered a TBAC 338 ULTRA SR and it is going on a RPR in 338LM. I haven't changed out the barrel or anything, the gun is basically stock.
Thanks in advance,
Slick.

The 338 SR ain't going to come loose. Just make sure you screw it on all the way and close the collar before you shoot.

It's always cheaper to fix rifle threads that are out of spec vs. fixing rifle threads that are out of spec and a can that had a bullet through it.

When the can weighs a couple ounces heavier, have us clean it.

Reactions: 300wmSlick
I believe when I bought mine it said something about sending it in for a free cleaning once a year. I could be wrong

I plan to send my ultra 9 in this winter and have it converted from DT to CB

The 338 SR ain't going to come loose. Just make sure you screw it on all the way and close the collar before you shoot.

It's always cheaper to fix rifle threads that are out of spec vs. fixing rifle threads that are out of spec and a can that had a bullet through it.

When the can weighs a couple ounces heavier, have us clean it.
Thanks for the advice!