• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors First Surpressor 260 Rem Suggestions??

408s10

Private
Minuteman
May 15, 2014
Just started the process to order my first suppressor. It will be attached to a 260 Remington built by SAC. I have not really found a particular brand that has stood out to me because I have no experience in this at all. Would live some suggestions thanks guys. Also, my barrel is 26" and will be melonited will I see any velocity increases with the suppressor? Thanks!

i just got my TBAC 30-p1 and love it. great can for bolt guns! Just order a cover for it or youll be taking lots of breaks

As for velocity gains...i got nothing from it. Same velocity

TBAC P1, I measure a difference of about 24-28fps 'free bore boost' with the suppressor installed using a magnetospeed V2.

Go with the TBAC, you won't regret it. The only negative to TBAC is that all the suppressors you bought before it suddenly don't measure up.

ETA: Velocity changes measured using a magnetospeed V2 on a 26" and 22" .260 barrels, 139g SMKs.

I have several personal can's. All my bolt guns are TBAC 30P-1. Great can's, light, outstanding CS from them as well.
Good luck if you need any help feel free to call me at 816-718-9489

Another thing you could do is look at the Snipers Hide Cup AAR thread and see what suppressor all those guys are using. Good way to see which cans are popular for precision usage at least. Hint youll see a lot of the TBAC 30cal ones on there.

TBAC for precision, not happy so far with my gemtech but 30ba has good results, maybe it's just the qd style gemtech that's not great

TBAC for precision, not happy so far with my gemtech but 30ba has good results, maybe it's just the qd style gemtech that's not great

Got nothing to add about the gemtech qd system cause I've never used it. But their thread on cans are good to go in my experience

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

+1 for Thunderbeast! I run a 30BA on a semi-auto. A friend from work runs a 30P-1 on both a bolt and semi-auto. Both are great cans, just depends if you want a muzzle break when shooting unsuppressed. Also check out their new 30CB series. A little more aesthetically pleasing than the legacy 30BAs.

TBAC, or the Silencerco Harvester. The Harvester will be my next rifle can now that my SDN-6 has been approved.

Speaking of the Silencerco Harvester, has anyone had experience with this can? What type of shot strings will it do before needing to cool or repeatability with it on or off?

I'm using a 30P-1 now and love it. Also have a 30PSS and TTF Archangle that should be out of NFA jail any day now. From what I have read, the TTF cans turned out to be a really nice piece for the money. I should have bought 2 during that time..