• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report First Time at 1500y

CBlack

Inquisitive
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2017
Covington, La
For someone shooting for the first time at 1500 yards, what would you expect them to do?

Previously my furthest shot was to 940 yards, first round hit (after hitting 5, 6, 7, 800 yards back to back.

First two shots were low, so I adjusted then did 10". 300 Norma.

I was pretty proud of myself.

Reactions: clcustom1911
For someone shooting for the first time at 1500 yards, what would you expect them to do?

Previously my furthest shot was to 940 yards, first round hit (after hitting 5, 6, 7, 800 yards back to back.

First two shots were low, so I adjusted then did 10". 300 Norma.

I was pretty proud of myself.

Good job!! The first time I went past 1200 was out to 1685. Same as you, on steel in 3 rounds. It's very exciting isn't it??

Hi,

Off Topic, but where in Covington area are you finding 1500yds?
Gas Line off of Hwy 25?

Sincerely,
Theis
[/QUOTE]

Didn't think about that, but to clarify I was at a private ranch in S. Texas.

I wish I could shoot that far around Covington!

Good job!! The first time I went past 1200 was out to 1685. Same as you, on steel in 3 rounds. It's very exciting isn't it??

Thanks! Very exciting. I'll be at Triple C in Creeson, Tx in the near future so I'll try 2000.

Hi,

Off Topic, but where in Covington area are you finding 1500yds?
Gas Line off of Hwy 25?

Sincerely,
Theis

Thanks! Very exciting. I'll be at Triple C in Creeson, Tx in the near future so I'll try 2000.
[/QUOTE]
You know, with a tiny bit of research, or maybe a bribe you can shot as far as you bullet will carry in many parts of the West. Might be worth a plane ticket and a hotel stay..

You know, with a tiny bit of research, or maybe a bribe you can shot as far as you bullet will carry in many parts of the West. Might be worth a plane ticket and a hotel stay..
[/QUOTE]

I travel to nearly every state with BLM land and established long ranges. Last year my schedule was pretty tight. Going forward I'm going to plan to bring gear with me to shoot. And a few ELR classes as well in NM.

Covington? Im assuming Covington Louisiana? If so, Im in Forest Hill and have my own 1500yd range. PM me if you guys would like to shoot. I work offshore so Im on a rotation.

Reactions: Sig Marine
Covington? Im assuming Covington Louisiana? If so, Im in Forest Hill and have my own 1500yd range. PM me if you guys would like to shoot. I work offshore so Im on a rotation.

Yep, Covington, la. Originally from Natchitoches, and I still head up there occasionally for work. You going to be around in a couple of weeks?