• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First time at 2000 yards

Schw15

Longrange
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 21, 2019
    Colorado
    I shoot a lot at 1 mile and before today longest was 1900 yards today took it out to 2000 yards. Shot at that rock it's actually pretty small. Smaller than what we shoot at at 1 mile. I ended up hitting it 5 times but if it was bigger I'm guessing most targets are 24x24 at that distance I would of done better. But it's a start.

Attachments

• 20211227_091606.jpg
      20211227_091606.jpg
      186 KB · Views: 243
    Nice work. I love rock hunting
    That is about max for my range. Might have to find a place to shoot farther haha it's a blast every time you shoot farther. Rocks are great to shoot nice spot when hit and no work to hang them haha that rock just happen to be at 2000

Nice! Shooting Thursday time for some pew pew

I can't spot any of them either lol problem with picking a spot in Colorado like that now is so many people and hippies walking everywhere kind of scary. Last year I was hunting elk 4th season miserable time of year usually and people were out walking there dogs in the middle of the season

I can't spot any of them either lol problem with picking a spot in Colorado like that now is so many people and hippies walking everywhere kind of scary. Last year I was hunting elk 4th season miserable time of year usually and people were out walking there dogs in the middle of the season
    Might have to head east out on the rolling hills and find a spot

Reactions: Snaz
    Yeah I need to find a new spot our gong went missing on our range and to find out the property line doesn't go that far so not sure if I can even get to 1 mile now

• Sad
    Reactions: Steel head
    I did a little looking have ranges from 2 to 3 hours away. Sure got spoiled driving 5 min from my house to shoot haha I guess til they say other wise I will shoot those rocks at 1 mile and 2000 yards and wait for the NO from the range

It’s not painted and on the far ridge.
    2’x2’
    Gotcha! Dang you boys have some scenery that is really a treat to look at. Missed my annual trip to British Columbia 2 years running so my mountain hankering only gets worse with these photos.

Gotcha! Dang you boys have some scenery that is really a treat to look at. Missed my annual trip to British Columbia 2 years running so my mountain hankering only gets worse with these photos.
    I used to fish in northern BC a lot, stunningly beautiful!

That spot is public land and often full of granola’s hiking the trails but that area in the pic is a veritable Boulder field 99% of hikers would die trying to cross 😂
    Saw one guy down in there once (hunter) and I watched him climb up and out. Took him 3.5 hours 😂.
    Doesn’t look bad from above but once your down there you realize those boulders are the size of a house with cracks and gaps 30’ deep

Great spot for bear but recovery is torture

I shot a bear there once. 620 yard shot. Watched him rag doll down the mountain. This was about noon. 3pm the next day we got out of there. Never did find him 😢. Searched so long we had to spend the night down there

That spot is public land and often full of granola’s hiking the trails but that area in the pic is a veritable Boulder field 99% of hikers would die trying to cross 😂
    Saw one guy down in there once (hunter) and I watched him climb up and out. Took him 3.5 hours 😂.
    Doesn’t look bad from above but once your down there you realize those boulders are the size of a house with cracks and gaps 30’ deep

Great spot for bear but recovery is torture
    My spots are generally so thick or steep nobody in their right mind would hike there.
    I have to rope in for some target
    20 feet in front of me is 100+ feet down.

Do you ever shoot any areas where you could set up on the hood of a truck? I can't shoot prone any longer with my -8.5Rx glasses just can't get enough usable frame high enough to not see over tops of frames. Bench guy now.....hate it b/c it would/could preclude me from shooting in a locale like that. Figure these areas are places you hike in. These pics helped get me through the work day thanks!

Do you ever shoot any areas where you could set up on the hood of a truck? I can't shoot prone any longer with my -8.5Rx glasses just can't get enough usable frame high enough to not see over tops of frames. Bench guy now.....hate it b/c it would/could preclude me from shooting in a locale like that. Figure these areas are places you hike in. These pics helped get me through the work day thanks!
    I can always shoot prone or off of a stump.
    A few spots you could shoot out of a pickup bed or on a roof.

Are you able to buy a good bench that is portable?
    I've got a great one I take home each time, but not 'portable' in the sense of hiking up a mountain trail. Certainly not something I could travel with unless I drove. It goes directly into cart in parking lot then wheeled to firing line in a hand cart the range has for us. It has pipe legs screwed into angled flanges, plywood glued and screwed.....carpet top really nice.

I've got a great one I take home each time, but not 'portable' in the sense of hiking up a mountain trail. Certainly not something I could travel with unless I drove. It goes directly into cart in parking lot then wheeled to firing line in a hand cart the range has for us. It has pipe legs screwed into angled flanges, plywood glued and screwed.....carpet top really nice.

That bench is a hunk of shit.
    Some jackass built it outta scrap. 😂😂

3E491FFC-377B-4777-B11B-EF7C1F4C0D22.jpeg

you could easily set up a bench here

I have as well
    Some of the best trout fishing to be had in my opinion.
    My fav dry fly destination is Fernie on the Elk, but not been due to rovid and vax requirements. Hope it lets up one day the Cuttys there are insane.

Reactions: jasent