• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos First Time at the Range with My M1A

HillbillyfromAL

Private
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2009
Niceville, FL
I haven't been able to shoot since about December of 07 with any rifles, I had to have back surgery. I was kinda surprised at how shitty I did, but hey I guess that's just more of an excuse to get out more often. The wind's weren't bad 5-10 and gusty, so yes those flyers are my fault. The one I shot twice was on purpose kinda. I forgot which one I had shot at because I started talking to a guy on the range.

I forgot but figured it's the norm. These were at 100yds measured with GPS, and Bushnell rangefinder.

Re: First Time at the Range with My M1A

i would say that is damn fine shooting for an m1a!

chuck

Chuck,
Thanks but it ain't that great. I could tell how long it'd been since I was inbehind a rifle. I could barely hold the damn thing steady enough to zero. Felt like it was the first time all over again.

Don't be too hard on yourself. It'll all come back. Everybody shoots worse after a long break.

Thanks for your service!

Is there a link to the snipers hide dot target?

were you shooting Iron sights or scope? tell me more about your setup. I have an m2 bipod on my nm m1a ant I love the shit out of it!

Dusty,
I know there's a link somewhere but I couldn't find it again. I'll send You a PM if I do find it. However if You've got powerpoint you could make one yourself. The circles are supposed to be 1/2 an inch. When mine printed they measured 5/8in. I don't remember what the larger ones were.

"NICE SHOOTIN' TEX!" - Bill Murray in Ghostbusters