• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

First time out with a B14r

Fritzfritz

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2021
Southern Maine
I got the missing screws for my base in the mail today, after mounting the base and scope (Hawke Sidewinder) I snuck off to my local fish and game club. It was 22f with a 14 mph wind that was Gusty and a bit biting. I set up at the 50 yard line, and figured I would burn the last 40 rounds of CCI Standard that I had. It took 10 rounds to get close, the attached target follows the next 30 rounds.
I was pleasantly surprised that my bolt smoothed out a bit while shooting this target, I did try some Wolf Match too, but it was just too cold to shoot with much confidence in the factors I am in control of and I only shot one full target.

All in all I am pretty happy with the shooting aspects, but I did have two failures to eject over 90 rounds. The left extractor is quite a bit tighter than the right one...

Attachments

• 334481F4-0278-4D61-9794-E9F063079DBE.jpeg
    334481F4-0278-4D61-9794-E9F063079DBE.jpeg
    679.7 KB · Views: 142
  • A89AAA61-4CFD-473D-B25F-2C0B0B0EB8C5.jpeg
    A89AAA61-4CFD-473D-B25F-2C0B0B0EB8C5.jpeg
    473.3 KB · Views: 145
They might have set up the helper for Lapua ammo which has a a slightly smaller rim diameter than most .22lr ammo. I discovered that when I had extraction issues with an original Browning T Bolt.
Either that or a slightly out of tolerance helper.

Im pretty sure only one of those is an extractor, the other was something else.

Good for you giving it a go yesterday I’m close to you in eastern NH it was cold! I’m thinking about picking up a bergara soon.
Keep us posted as you try more ammo on what it likes

My B14R has failed to eject twice. The brass ends up to the left of the chamber. Only one outing so far. Might be me cycling the bolt to gently.

Yup, operator error. You probably short stroked.
My B14R has failed to eject twice. The brass ends up to the left of the chamber. Only one outing so far. Might be me cycling the bolt to gently.

One is truly the extractor, the other just puts tension on the case. This article explains it in more detail.

Thanks for the article! The picture was very helpful.
I was about to adjust my trigger down after reading it, but I had carpal tunnel work done on both hands (3 and 5 weeks ago) and I just couldn’t loosen the action... I will put a pair of vicegrips on my driver to pull it later today, then re-tork using that method with my wheeler driver after... recovering can be frustrating but it beats the alternative.
-Fritz

Reactions: ZG47A and grapo
Trigger adjusting screw can be accessed without removing stock, as mentioned in manual and the above article.

Removing the bottom metal makes it much easier, but with a shortened allen wrench can be adjusted in place.