• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos First time out with the 5R

AJM45

Private
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2008
Los Angeles
Shoots like a dream. Zeroed the scope at 100 yards, and she was hitting the steel targets on the first or second shot at 200, 400, and 600 yards based on a standard pre-fab DOPE card. Very pleased with the rifle and the optics.

Remington 700 5R
Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x50
McMillan A5
Parker Hale bipod/handstop

Re: First time out with the 5R

I have the .223 version. Just got some 69gr SMKs today. I am looking forward to wringing it out in the morning.

How do you like the trigger? I heard a lot of horror stories, but I just lightened it with the set screw(no disassembling at all) and it is a crisp 2.5#s. It ain't a Shilen, but right now I am happy with it.

david

I'd like to lighten the trigger. The break is good and there is no creep, but it needs to be lightened. I have the x-mark trigger, so I'm not comfortable adjusting it. I need to take it to a smith.

Thats awesome!! I just got the 5r in 300 win mag! Hope you like yours as much as I enjoy mine. How does the McMillan compare to the HS stock it came with?