• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First time out with the magnetospeed

ubet

Private
Minuteman
May 28, 2008
Commifornia no longer
Wife got me a v3 magnetospeed for my birthday while back. Finally got it out to the range today with the 308win. This is 5 shots but was amazed at the low sd on it. Tried it on the ar and it was all over the place. Finally was getting code 4 readings that it couldn’t read the bullet. Is that because I had it to the side and not below the rifle and it was picking up blast from the muzzle break?

Attachments

• 160FCFA1-DF4E-4681-ABB2-E9F00C846EFB.jpeg
    160FCFA1-DF4E-4681-ABB2-E9F00C846EFB.jpeg
    368.1 KB · Views: 27
Wife got me a v3 magnetospeed for my birthday while back. Finally got it out to the range today with the 308win. This is 5 shots but was amazed at the low sd on it. Tried it on the ar and it was all over the place. Finally was getting code 4 readings that it couldn’t read the bullet. Is that because I had it to the side and not below the rifle and it was picking up blast from the muzzle break?

It could be you need to be sure to get the ramp at the proper distance from the muzzle. . . . maybe ever so slightly closer than the bar gunge that comes with the Magnetospeed indicates. And/or you can turn up the sensitivity, which can help a lot. On my 22 LR's I turn the sensitivity up to 8 and it works find at that setting.

Reactions: Nimothy
Not the best view but no issues with mine. That bar that comes with it sits on the top of the magnetospeed and the top of the bar is even with the bottom of the bore. In this case the bottom of the exit of the suppressor
FF2C353B-5D6F-4723-A3AD-200339D381BC.png

It could be you need to be sure to get the ramp at the proper distance from the muzzle. . . . maybe ever so slightly closer than the bar gunge that comes with the Magnetospeed indicates. And/or you can turn up the sensitivity, which can help a lot. On my 22 LR's I turn the sensitivity up to 8 and it works find at that setting.
I also turn mine up that far, seems to work just fine on my centerfire too

I have never had a code 4, many sensor 2 not picking shot up. Turn your sensitivity up, mine is set at 7, you do want to ensure the bayonet is level to the bore. With a suppressor, that should be a done deal, but they sell canted shims for tapered barrels, they are red colored and work,
I try to set mine directly at 6 o'clock in conjunction with the barrel, but theoretically it should pick up no matter how it is clocked.

Wives that "really" love their husbands ... buy them a LabRadar. LOL (JUST kidding ... sort of.)
I used a V3 Magnetospeed for a long time, and didn't know what I was missing (literally) until my wife gave me a LabRadar last Christmas.

If you're mounting the Mag-speed with the bayonet in the path of the muzzle brake discharge ports you're going to destroy the Mag-speed.

Make sure it is really secure on your can or barrell. After shooting awhile mine will not read and I have to tightene mine down more. Also when using tge measuring tool from exit of the barrell, make sure the square sits just below it. I have done this with no issues time and time again.