• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report First time prone @ 200

para72

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2013
gig harbor wa.
Hello
Let me start by saying I joined the hide to learn more about marksmanship. I've found lots of great info here and have put it to good use.
Since joining, I've bought a Sendero ll SF in 300wm and sent it to Scout supply to have the action trued, Thruster break, bedded in factory stock, bolt knob and cerakote OD green. I left the barrel stock, figured I'd learn the fundamentals with it.
I've shot 60 rounds through it (from a bench)and fire lapped it.

Yesterday was my first time shooting prone @ 200 yards(bipode, rear bag) and the first 5 shots after fire lapping. 180gr superformance SST.

f452d6961b904a0142e3023fdf1cb1d9.jpg

Lots of room for improvement, but it tells me I'm on the right track. Thanks to everyone who have answered my questions and Thanks to all the knowledgeable shooter's! [emoji631]

Scott.

Good Shooting, sub moa with a 300wm, you're on the right track

If you have access to a chrony check the velocity spread on the load that you find shoots the best in your ocw test. If it is more than 30 fps try adjusting neck tension, using graphite on the necks, or adjusting seating depth. Anyway, great start!

I know it's too late for this rifle, but I wouldn't recommend that in the future. A new barrel is probably the best money you can spend on a rifle. And if they're going to go through the trouble of taking off the old one, truing the action, and re-chambering/cleaning up the existing barrel, you may as well put a good one on. Looks like your's shoots pretty well for what it is, but it could easily have not.

Note taken, thanks for the heads up! I wasn't aware of this and it wasn't brought up when talking to them. Glad I got lucky

OCW test results

H 1000
208 A Max
Fed 215m
Hornady brass
Col: 3.596

Conditions:
Altitude 345ft
Temp. 59°
Pressure 14.348

73.5-78.0 in .5 increments
200yrds

75f18ac3e7abc25061ecec378c7dc74d.jpg

77.5 looks good, velocity was 2898/2943/2943

75.5 minus vert. Stringing looks good, velocity was 2873/2867/2898

Is that all that's there, am I missing anything? Help appreciated!

For OCW you are looking at the centers of each group not how tight the group shot. 75.5 and 76.0 both have the group centered about the same indicating good timing between your barrel harmonics and when the bullet is leaving the muzzle. Now you can play with groups in finer increments around there and mess with seating depth to fine tune a resilient load.