• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First time shooting steel, Noveske N6 625 yards

3O8Junkie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2011
The Great NW
Some shooting buddies and I just bought some AR500 steel targets through one of the site vendors "Bobcat Steel" and got to take them out to shoot this week for the first time. I am new to the long range game and currently only own the Noveske N6 so please be gentle. This was my second time shooting at this distance (625 yards), last time I only ran my iron sights (scope in the shop) and had decent results. This time I picked up a $50 3x9 Bushnell till I can come up with some scratch for a nice piece of glass (replacing the Trijicon TR24G). I was shooting 175gr FGMM 7.62x51 in the first 2 photos and 168gr Prvi Partizan in the last photo. I thought I would share a couple pictures and my positive experience with Bobcat steel and my newfound addiction of shooting long range steel. Scope was sighted at 100 I was shooting using holdovers, now to learn how to do this the right way! I love this hobby!

1st mag 175gr 7.62x51 fgmm 625yds 3x on in 5 with spotter.
IMG_0363.jpg

2nd mag 9x readjust holdover on in 4 175gr fgmm
IMG_0365.jpg

168gr Prvi Match on target first shot
IMG_0369.jpg

Looking back on our shooting position, you can barely make out our 3rd friend to the left of the road.
IMG_0364.jpg

I am new at this but man am I hooked! Next time I will bring some 175 .308 fgmm and try for some controlled groups. I know for a fact that my fundamentals need work. I hit the local 100 yard range multiple times a month to work on breathing, trigger control etc. I just thought I would share my great day shooting and my great experience buying from Bobcat Steel! Thanks everyone!

Re: First time shooting steel, Noveske N6 625 yards

Ah...powerline right-of-ways!!! Gotta love 'em!!!
wink.gif

Congrats on your first experience with shooting at longer ranges. Keep up the good work! You'll find that with more trigger time and some better optics that your experience will be even more enjoyable!

Aint that the truth ORD! One of the local Sheriff's deputies actually pointed us in that direction as all of our local spots have been ruined by idiots shooting tv's and other household appliances... I appreciate the kind words, you have been MORE than helpful since I arrived here. Thanks!

I'm jealous, I thought I hunted a nice big powerline... its about a third as wide as this one haha. Good shooting, especially for that scope. I recently started shooting steel also, the instant feedback on hits is nice.