• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing First time Styple/Duracoat

jacq220

Sergeant
Minuteman
As the title says, first time to styple a grip and first time using duracoat. Color in the photos did not come out so good, but i used olive drab and it looks really really good. Thanks to the hide for giving me some confidence to try this, and to Phlydog for lending me his sprayer and knowledge to get the job done.

GlockStyple.jpg

Re: First time Styple/Duracoat

Stypling look bad enough that one thinks i use a shotgun to do it with... And i thought it looked proffesional. James, thank you very much for putting me in touch with the right people in my area. Bob and Cory are GREAT people and i have already learned more from them than i expected. If anybody else on here has not hooked up with fellow hide members i HIGHLY suggest it. It will be worth your time.

Guess that stubborn airbrush finally straightened out for ya, glad to hear it. Looks like you did a fine job.

Yea, the pick up tube was to long so i cut a notche in the bottom of it and everything ended up working out a bit better than i expected. although the parts to fix up the airbrush cost 34 bucks when a new brush was 50 and some change.