• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First time target shooting with my 10/22.

KAman9803

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2008
Hattiesburg, MS
So I've had this rifle since I was a kid, pretty sure its an 87 model which would make the receiver nearly 25 years old. Couple years ago I put a 16.5" Volquartsen carbon barrel, one of the Hogue rubber stocks and a red dot on it. It has always been a squirrel gun so target shooting was never a concern. The other day I decided to put a 6-24 BSA on and punch a little paper. I had three 10 shot groups at 50yds measure slightly less than 3/4" edge to edge, nothing spectacular but I thought it was pretty good for such an old beat up gun.
IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

Re: First time target shooting with my 10/22.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Situation Normal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's some dang nice shooting monkey!

What ammo were you using? </div></div>

Just shooting standard CCI subs, we were out of Green Tag at work so I just grabbed a couple boxes of these.