• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship first time to 1000

goldy1

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2007
henderson, ky
I got to shoot to 1000 at the f-class match today. I ended up with a 551-11X. It was my first time out that far, and first time with the 6mmBRX and I won. We were having 10-15 mph gusts so the wind was pretty tricky. I was shooting 33 grains varget under a 105 berger VLD and 105 amax with wolf SRM primers. I'm pretty excited about today. my rifle is a savage target action trued by SSS with a 30" douglas 1/8 barrel, and a SSS thumbhole benchrest stock.

Re: first time to 1000

Congratulations. That's quite an accomplishment and especially on your first try at that distance.

That's fricking impressive to win on your first time out to 1K. Congrats. For curiosity, how fast are you pushing those 105? thanks

I believe it's around 3000fps. I still have to get a crono yet. i plan to get one before too long. It took alot more elevation than the ballistics chart said. i think it was somewhere around 28-32moa to get to 1000 from a 300yrd zero.

Hmmm That doesn't sounds right. Out of my 30" 6MMBR it takes 14 minutes to 700yrds, and that's with a light load of 29.8grns of Varget and a 100yrd zero.... But it is with the SMK107's, so it is kinda apples to oranges, but you should be faster and flatter in each aspect, unless I'm missing something.

And yes I know your out to 1K but just compare the #'s...

For 28-32 MOA to 1K, using the AMAX, I think your velocity is quite a bit less than 3000fps. Probably more like 2850-2875 fps. Even with that MV, I am calculating from a D/A of about 2600 ft.

i finally added up the round count on my rifle. It now has 320 rounds thru it. When I shot again at 300 I counted the moa back to the 300yard zero and it was actually around 40moa to a 1000 yard zero. i didnt really understand that one but ok it take what it takes I guess. I will be getting a cronograph this payday. I'm planning a trip to Camp Perry this year to see what I can do there.

I just got back from the range, where I used my new cronograph with my 6br and 6brx. Ther br averaged around 3/8" at100 and just above 2900fps. The brx with the load i plan to use next weekend averaged around 3130. I dont know why it took so much to get too 1000, I'll be trying again next weekend to see.