• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing First time watching a Ted Nugent TV show

MLC

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 4, 2004
Solebury, PA
I normally don't rant but I'm utterly disgusted.
He's hunting fenced Blacktail and so far shot two in the ass with his bow.
One only ran 300 yards and someone else found it while he was sleeping.
I don't think it's ethical to air such a sloppy example of "hunting".

Re: First time watching a Ted Nugent TV show

I happened to see that particular hunt between commercials on FOX News this evening and it was bullshit. He rushed the bowshot and wound up gut shooting the little blacktail buck at about 25yds, which stopped at 40yds. Then he rushes the 2nd bowshot and puts an arrow in the hind quarter??? Teddy totally fucked that one up for sure and its probably not something hunters want the left wing activists to see. But it is what it is and if you hunt long enough shit is going to happen. I don't agree with showing on national television though.

On the positive side, he's a staunch right wing radical 2nd Ammendment Advocate and has gone pretty far out there in interviews shooting down gun control and supporting gun ownership.

But his hunting show leaves a lot to be desired IMO.

Juat my .02 cents and worth exactly what you paid.

Seen the show last night too - it was bad!!!

Not sure what was up with Uncle Ted, but he could not hit the broadside of a barn. The gutshot was bad - guts hanging out of the deer while it slowly walked away, then he shoots it in the ass. It was not good for the promotion of bowhunting!!

Wow! I didn't see the episode but I'm suprised that he would let that make it to air to fuel the antis. Most of his shows that I have seen are more of a harvest than a hunt. That being said, I do like his message.

as much as i like Ted and his views, this bit of hunting i don't think should of made it to the air, none of the shots were placed well @ all.

From the display last night I cringe to think about the shots he takes off camera.

Some of those shows on tv are all b.s. I swear half the time those are trained animals...
They just whistle and then it comes out into the open...

Not sure what to make of him. On one hand very pro-gun, pro rights, pro-hunting, and very outspoken about protecting are rights as sportsmen and gun owners. On the other hand I seem to see him doing a fair amount of canned hunts. Shooting exotic animals from tree stands above feeders in fenced in preserves. Not really the Tred Barta type. Still trying to make up my mind.

He's got alot of good things to say, but he sure is a goofy sob.
Especially with his "by the power of the spirits and .........." prayer he sometimes says upon finding his kill.

I saw the show as well. Ted almost always makes good hits with his bow on critters of all shapes and sizes. He shoots 55# with Magnus Stinger Broadheads. Here is the crux of it, to me. Hunting is not perfect. No matter how much we practice, things DO go wrong. I regularly practice @ 40yds. However, this past season I lost a really nice buck that I shot @ 27 yds. with a hit that looked alot better than Teds did in this particular show. All that being said. Ted is Ted. He is not afraid to show the harsh realities of hunting, inside a fence, over bait, whatever. He is unapologetic for his views regardless of what the libs think of him. So in other words, I'm sure he hated that he made bad shots on those deer, but really don't give a shit what anybody thinks.

Smack, if posted the same shitty display of skill as prowess on this forum he'd be torn to pieces for being an unethical, unskilled hunter.
I'm sure The Nuge has his moments but this wasn't one of them.

It's the frikin internet, they tear everyone apart. One bad day in the thousands he has hunted in his life and they piss and moan like a bunch of snake bit girl scouts.FIND SOMETHING better to post or STFU!

Ted is a nut...way over the top on everything.

That was a real life hunt. Anyone who says they always make perfect humane kill shots every time is not being truthfull. Anyone see the hog hunt? 2 arrows, well placed, and 2 shots with a 10mm. He recovered both animals. Long live Uncle Ted!!!

I am a BIG fan of uncle Ted. But that dude will shoot anything. Talk about "would have been a good one next year"

Let em grow up then Kill em. Gosh!

Watched one of his shows where it seemed like he waited too long to take a bow shot at a hog. For whatever reason the pig stopped and he didn't shoot. Then, it starts moving and he lets fly. Hits too far back and you have guts dangling out. Gets off another shot, seems like a good hit.

Starts tracking and eventually finds the pig. Pig starts to get up, he whips out a 10mm and boom! Starts talking about the load he was uisng (165s) and what a great job they do, when piggy gets up again. One more boom and it's down. Then strolls over, does his spiel while posing with pig and his bow. He's a character to say the least. You've heard the story of him and the underaged chick he "adopted" right? Pele Massa.

Huh? I concur on common sense and our battle with antis that it shouldn't have aired. I also agree with fuck the commies shove it in their face

I like the guy but one of his shows a couple months ago really bothered me. If I remember right it was on his ranch, he and his camera guy were walking to a stand, the camera guy was holding Teds crossbow. As they're walking ted spots a buck 90-100 yards away, pulls out his new longslide 1911 in 10mm and gut shoots it. Later in the episode they jump the same buck again, Ted shoots it at least 2 more times with the 10mm, and it runs off. It would appear to me that Uncle Ted just likes to shoot, not really hunt.

Maybe he wanted his show to be true to life, not everybody has made head shots every time out at any given range.

Although he could work on his aim. lol

I didn't see the episode ya'll are talking about so I can't comment on it, however I have watched his show in the past.
Ya gotta love his passion and enthusiasim but he's kinda like my sister's kids; I love 'em to death but they kinda get on my nerves.

He kills two or three trophys an episode from the same stand in the same day, cause the animals are his pets! He is a douche bag! No Brag Just Fact!!!

i have not seen to many trophys usally he is shooting for meat. loves his back straps. they might be the facts in your world and as long as you believe them thats what counts.

We all have made a bad shot or two I'm guessing, I was just surprised that they aired that shot.

He does a lot for the 2nd amendment, but sometimes I think that his show is counterproductive to our cause.

I don't have a problem with the show airing. Hunting is hunting and the lefties need to deal with it.

That blacktail was a MONSTER. Ted did rush that shot. I was very surprised he took the shot when he did and was shocked by the result, so, Ted or no Ted, I didn't like the shot.

So, I'm kind of the reverse of the above posts. Show OK. Shot a big NO NO.

I think they should put more of his wife on the shows. She's pretty neat.

Uncle Ted is great at preaching to the choir. That's why all of pro-gun folks like him.

He is also a terrible poster child for anyone that is on the fence about guns & hunting. I think he hurts the cause more than helps it. He is an attention whore who could behave more wisely on his t.v. show if he was truly trying to help the cause with the undecided. That's really who we need to sway the opinions of.

Shankster:
A big+1. For those of us in the choir his preachings vary from very well done to way beyond strange. Mix the Bubba and me hunting show theme that also varys from good delivery to beyond weird and you have the same. Imagine yourself as a potential convert to the hunting scene sitting on the fence so to speak and UT smokes up in his Zebra rig and jumps out all wild eyed and tells you about being one with the spirits.
Now if you are still undecided attend a few of the gun shows and check out some of the units there.

Although I like his gun rights views, I totally lost all respect for him after he bad mouthed all wildlife biologists saying that they caused the CWD epidemic. If it werent for him and his other canned hunt buddies, we wouldnt be in the mess were are right now. Sure, it did show up first at a research center decades ago, but it has been well documented that game farm owners illegaly shipping animals caused this mess.

Ted has always been outspoken. I remember a talk show years ago where he came out with his electric guitar and was jamming while being interviewed. I remember him saying that we live in a world of sheep and he is the lion. He's always been over the top. He definitely lives in Uncle Ted's world.

To much drugs while coming up in the entertainment world. He is over the top on most of his shoes and I watched an episode in which it took him 3 arrows to take a bear down. He is a funny guy but if he spent half as much time practicing with a bow as he did cracking bad jokes he would get clean and quick kills.

I can't support his shows because he is just to much of a media whore.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He is also a terrible poster child for anyone that is on the fence about guns & hunting. </div></div>

+1

I worshiped the guy as a young kid learning guitar. But as an adult I find him over the top, hypocritical, and and a poor representative for 'our side'. Nothing the guy airs surprises me.

His positives far surpass his negatives.

Everyone could do better, but Ted is Ted.

There is no better friend to the 2nd Amendment and hunting than Uncle Ted.

every one makes fun of him for hunting with outfitters on canned hunts, he books so many hunts he cant just hunt fair chase hunts. if you were a multi millionaire you would do the same. so he made a bad shot and showed the truth. the truth is not everyone makes perfect shots everytime. at least hes not scarred to show it. he has done so much for the firearm and hunting community i dont know why you would say bad about him. you've never wounded an animal that didnt walk 40 yards and fall over?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lone_soldier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">every one makes fun of him for hunting with outfitters on canned hunts, he books so many hunts he cant just hunt fair chase hunts. if you were a multi millionaire you would do the same. so he made a bad shot and showed the truth. the truth is not everyone makes perfect shots everytime. at least hes not scarred to show it. he has done so much for the firearm and hunting community i dont know why you would say bad about him. you've never wounded an animal that didnt walk 40 yards and fall over?
</div></div>

I don't care how he hunts or whether or not his kills are clean. I couldn't care less if I consciously tried to. Every man has to look himself in the mirror in the mornings. Do what <span style="font-style: italic">you </span>can live with, and I'll do the same.

My issue with him is what he portrays to the non-hunting, gun shy public. You guys thinks his antics and ranting and raving is way cool. Mr and Mrs Treehugger sure don't. They find him loud, abrasive, over-the-top, and often scary. And guess what? Plenty of the centrist Democrats do too. I know because I am one of them and very involved in politics. I talk to centrist Dems and treehuggers all over NC about all sorts of issues and because gun rights are near and dear to me I always encourage folks to consider 2nd Amendment rights thoughtfully. I can't tell you how many times someone has mentioned Uncle Ted and how distasteful they find him.

Centrist Democrats and even open-minded lefties (yes ... they actually do exist) are people we need on our side, or we at least need them to consider gun rights carefully and without preconceived notions. Nothing turns them off faster than the ranting and raving that far righties are known for. Uncle Ted's antics may make you proud, but it disturbs the rest of the world and WE DON'T NEED THAT. Some of us think that if say things loud enough for long enough we'll get people on our side. Sorry ... it doesn't work that way.

You may not like it. But the truth is that those who <span style="font-style: italic">might </span> be persuaded to see our side will only be swayed by knowledgeable, civil discourse. Remember that the next time you're speaking with someone whose unsure about gun rights or hunting rights. Ranting and raving is the fastest way to create an anti-gunner short of shooting at one.

And that right there is what is wrong with this country. We have to bite out tounge and talk all nice and sweet to some fuck that does not like our 2nd amendment and wants to take our rights away. Fuck that pc bullshit and the shit box politicians.
Why should we have to walk on pins and needles for them? Every day i find i like living out in flyover country more and more.

Ted does his fair share of ranting and raving, but I've heard him logically bitch-slap anti-hunter/2nd Amendment folk with their own words and fallacious rhetoric. Its the media's portrayal of Ted (not saying he doesn't play into it...because he does) and their general disdain for hunting, guns, and red necked right-wingers like me that has you seeing Ted and anyone who agrees with him as a knuckle-dragger who doesn't add to the "civil" discourse.

Ted isn't perfect, nor does he claim to be. His arguments are faulty sometimes. The guy is a musician for crying out loud. The reason he rubs people the wrong way is because that is his shtick. He is a passionate entertainer who loves the outdoors and has a vision for the nation. I don't agree with him all the time...hell, even most of the time. I rarely pay attention to him! Nevertheless, I know enough to know he is a friend of the Second Amendment and Hunters, regardless of whether or not some are turned off by his antics.

I've said before, like most human beings, "His positives far outweigh his negatives."

ted might not be the most ethical hunter or even a real hunter at all but you do have to give him some credit. he has done more to ensure that our hunting and firearms rights are protected than any of us have. he also frequently visits the men and women in the armed forces for USO tours and HAVA events.

LS:
<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">every one makes fun of him for hunting with outfitters on canned hunts, he books so many hunts he cant just hunt fair chase hunts. if you were a multi millionaire you would do the same. </span></span>

You would like to think those with the higher incomes would also have the intelligence to go with it and be able to recognize the difference between hunting and buying a experience. All of the bought and paid for experiences are being marketed as hunting and it is an insult for them to try and catergorize themselves with those who still truly hunt.

YS:
<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">ted might not be the most ethical hunter or even a real hunter at all but you do have to give him some credit. he has done more to ensure that our hunting and firearms rights are protected than any of us have. he also frequently visits the men and women in the armed forces for USO tours and HAVA events</span></span>.

Big +1 but don't you think UT could be far more effective as everything but a rock star if he lost the Zebramobile,wild eyed rants,visits with the Spirits and in general stopped looking like a poster child for Betty Ford? If this thread is any indication of his effectiveness with the choir what must it be on the real target?