• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First trip to the range with the TRG....Pics Added

bth87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2009
Tucson, AZ
So after seven months of waiting to acquire all the parts, Brass, Dies, Scope, etc. etc. I finally took my TRG 42(.338LM) to the range today, and all I can say is WOW, what an amazing rifle. The damn this is everything I expected and more, and I would suggest it to anyone looking for a rifle in its price range.
http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss118/bth87/?action=view&current=IMG_1122.jpg
http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss118/bth87/?action=view&current=IMG_1120-1.jpg
http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss118/bth87/?action=view&current=IMG_1121.jpg

Re: First trip to the range with the TRG....

Pics, Not that we don't know what one looks like or anythng but still. Nice choise or rifle and welcome to the hide.

Unfortunately i didn't have my camera yesterday,I was pressed for time as it was. However I'm going to the range again this afternoon and I'll be sure to take some photos and post them later this evening, assuming i can figure out how to do so...

MY uncle had one of the TRG's... It was crazy accurate. Great choice

my buddies think im crazy for buying mine until they shoot it, they really are remarkable. congrts on the rifle man.

Recently acquired a TRG-22 myself, still have no glass for it but salivating for the day I finally get to put it through its paces.

Just wait, get some more trigger time behind it and it will shoot even better.

What projectiles are you using and did you get the new 1-10 twist?

CJG

It is the 1-10 twist, and at the moment I only have 250gr. SMK's
I'm hoping to get my hands on some 300gr Scenars too try out...

Just out of curiosity has anyone here played around with lathe turned bullets out of a TRG or AI?

I have not. They are very pricey and the only way I would drop the coin on them is if/when I was shooting ELR. I have a ways to go before I can justify $1.50ish per bullet.

bth,

100 yards is pretty close to test the loads on a 338 LM. I'd look at testing them at 300 or 400 yards. Then you'll see the true accuracy of the rifle. TRG's are awesome!

Chad

That is one of the ugliest setups I have ever seen. You should send it to me so that I can properly dispose of it for you at no charge.
wink.gif

Chad,
I was actually shooting at 200, but yes I agree with you that 300 or 400 would be better, unfortunately that is the longest range I had access to and I have been really pressed for time lately. Hopefully I will be able to shoot the rifle at 600 and eventually at 1000 so I can really see how it shoots, I know I wont be disappointed.

This is an encouraging thread, I am considering buying a TRG42 next week.

When did they start with the new twist rate? The one I am looking at is NIB but has been on the shelf for 8+ months...

I too had a TRG 42. Absolutely loved it. Shot 300 Gr out of my 1/10 twist. I Shoot regularly at 500 yards and occasionally at 1064. We were in Montana this summer and we were banging metal at 900+ with ease. I just sold it and bought a AI AW and a PGW Timberwolf. Gonna shoot them both and see if they are that much better than the TRG I just let go. We'll see. I'll keep ya posted.

I believe they started importing the 10 twist rifles in January of 2009. At any rate the rifles have the markings on the barrel, which makes it easy to tell.