• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First upgrades

ck1a

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2021
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
I have been shooting all my life, and just getting into long range. I purchased a used Rem 700 in .300 Win Mag, heavy barrel, Harris bi-pod, Silencerco Omega 300 suppressor, Hogue stock (standard, not adjustable), Nightforce rail and rings, a Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 EBR-2C MRAD Scope PST-5258 (for now), My next upgrade has about a $600 budget. Would you recommend the next upgrade to be the trigger, adjustable stock, bolt, or what, in that price range? This is a work in progress. TIA

Last edited:
I would look into a good adjustable stock and a triggertech special

Reactions: ck1a
magnetospeed chronograph if you don't have one. Having reliable muzzle velocity is a key input into a ballistic calculator for long range shooting.

if you have a chrono, then chassis gets my vote

Reactions: ck1a
magnetospeed chronograph if you don't have one. Having reliable muzzle velocity is a key input into a ballistic calculator for long range shooting.

if you have a chrono, then chassis gets my vote
Yep, have a Magnetospeed that I use with my pistols. It is a work of art.