• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes First USO

Ryegye

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2010
N Huntingdon PA
I just got my first USO scope this week.

DSCF1440.jpg

SN3 TPAL 1.8-10
MOA Reticle and Knobs
EREK
Green Rheostat
The mount is a LaRue Tactical LT740, it is limited run mount for TPAL scopes.

It is going on an 18" Stealth Upper.

Re: First USO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toygunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's nice.Can I ask what it cost in that setup?</div></div>
I paid a touch over $2400 for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TalkingBush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MOA? Booooo. </div></div>

WTF over?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TalkingBush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MOA? Booooo. </div></div>

WTF over? </div></div>

Yeah that's what I was thinking. MOA Boooo? Both my USO are matching MOA knobs and reticle. Hey TalkingBush, let me tell you which one to boo, you need to boo the MOA reticle with Mil knobs....thats the one to booo....
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TalkingBush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm all for dropping thousands on a USO, but to have an outdated, inferior reticle, just ruins the erotic factor for me. MIl/MOA is worse, I agree. How copy? Over

BTW: I'm glad you got a nice USO, love them, wasn't trying to start a fight. Just prefer MIL/MIL, that's all. </div></div>

Hey TalkingBush The combo I was telling you to booo was <span style="font-weight: bold">MOA Reticle </span>and <span style="font-weight: bold"> Mil Knobs</span>....This combo would be the wierd one.

Everyone has <span style="font-weight: bold">MIL reticle</span> and <span style="font-weight: bold">MOA knobs</span> or <span style="font-weight: bold">matching MIL reticle and knobs</span> or <span style="font-weight: bold">Matching MOA reticle and knobs</span>

BTW how is the MOA reticle an inferior one? Just because you prefer the MIL does not make the MOA reticle an inferior one.

Very nice.I remember the fealing when i got my first USO.Im thinking of getting another,they are some fine glass.

Talking you are mixing inches and MOA. Not the same thing. 1 MOA = 1 MOA whether is be at 100 yards or 1000 yards. You look through an MOA reticle and see you are 1/2 MOA low then you dial it on. Easy. Matching reticle and knobs are more important than whether it's MOA or Mil.

Nothing wrong with a MOA/MOA setup at all. I still run a MOA setup on one of my sticks while all the others are MIL setup.

Dont really prefer one over the other for the most part.

Enjoy your USO.

Nice scope! I want that same model for my M1A... One day.

Enjoy! And if like MOA, rock out. Many of folks will out shoot Talkingbush with MOA scopes...

very nice scope! yesterday i just ordered my first uso and im so excited. sn3 tpal 3.2x17-44 from midway. i got the mil on mil. all i need now is someone to buy my nightforce nxs. i love the base u have on yours. super sweet setup.

Congrats!
That is a slick mount....

and it's funny, the target doesn't seem to care if you're mil/mil, moa/moa, or mil/moa.....
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KnabstrupperUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there is no base pictured... </div></div>

I think he's talking about the mount.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KnabstrupperUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there is no base pictured... </div></div>

Really?
Isn't the base the interface between the rifle and rings? If so, there is certainly a base there, it is just a throw lever mount, but it does in fact act as the interface, affixing the rings to the weapon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KnabstrupperUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there is no base pictured... </div></div>

Really?
Isn't the base the interface between the rifle and rings? If so, there is certainly a base there, it is just a throw lever mount, but it does in fact act as the interface, affixing the rings to the weapon. </div></div>

The Original Poster has a LaRue Mount. Usually if you have rings and bases that are made as one unit then it is called a <span style="font-weight: bold">mount</span>. The guy calling it a base either mistakenly thought that there were rings mounted on to a base and was commenting on the throw lever part or he just misnamed the mount as a base. Hope that clears everything up.

Gene

Hey, you wanna trade me for a 3-9x42 Super Sniper in an LT-104??
laugh.gif
I joke, I joke!

I have to admit, as much as I like my SS 3-9x42, your USO setup is SLICK. Perhaps once I get the SN3 3.2-17x44 for my PSS, I'll start saving for a setup similar to yours. You have good taste, sir!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gszeto99</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KnabstrupperUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there is no base pictured... </div></div>

Really?
Isn't the base the interface between the rifle and rings? If so, there is certainly a base there, it is just a throw lever mount, but it does in fact act as the interface, affixing the rings to the weapon. </div></div>

The Original Poster has a LaRue Mount. Usually if you have rings and bases that are made as one unit then it is called a <span style="font-weight: bold">mount</span>. The guy calling it a base either mistakenly thought that there were rings mounted on to a base and was commenting on the throw lever part or he just misnamed the mount as a base. Hope that clears everything up.

Gene </div></div>

Semantics.
Yes, the proper terminology is MOUNT.
I understand that. But the interface between the rings and the weapon can still be called a base, whether they are permanently affixed to each other or not, after all, it is the "base of the mount" as it were.
Someone was just being anal and calling someone else out for use of a term that is technically corret.

base1 &#8194; &#8194;/be&#618;s/ Show Spelled [beys] Show IPA noun, adjective, verb, based, bas·ing.
–noun
1. the bottom support of anything; that on which a thing stands or rests: a metal base for the table.