• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fitness Q: anyone still play w their kids? Does it wear anyone else else out?

D̷e̷v̷i̷l̷D̷o̷c̷A̷Z̷

Banned x2 🤪
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2014
Yuma, AZ
Just curious who plays w their kids and considers that exercise. I’m not old, late 30’s but I’m not 20 anymore.

Sometimes just playing w my kids wears me out. Sometimes I think it’s me getting old but then other times I wonder if I just play too rough. Just the other day it was the rock gym for climbing followed by hours at the park tossing 3 kids in the air as high as they want. Spinning them my their arms, arm and a leg, 2 legs. Just getting crazy. I’m having a difficult time tossing my 8yo 4ft in the air these days. She wants to do it so I push it and try, but dang it’s exhausting.

My dad always made time to play with me and do these things and I want to do that with them.

Heck, I still do backflips off the swings with them even though my peers likely think I’m too old for that.

Do you still play like a kid with your kids?

I don’t want to be a stuffy suit and tie guy. I hike, shoot, blah blah blah. I’m just curious if this is normal for fathers and children.

Every damn day. One of my proudest moments so far as a father happened at Christmas. My 3yo put his 9 yo cousin in a rear naked choke while screeming look Daddy jujitsu move!!!!

After I told him he could only do chokes with Daddy and I'm getting yelled at for being a terrible parent by my wife's sister he ran back down stairs apparently tackled the same cousin and arm barred his ass and said he couldn't do chokes lol...

Yea I love being a dad pretty much one of the best things in life imo

Every damn day. One of my proudest moments so far as a father happened at Christmas. My 3yo put his 9 yo cousin in a rear naked choke while screeming look Daddy jujitsu move!!!!

After I told him he could only do chokes with Daddy and I'm getting yelled at for being a terrible parent by my wife's sister he ran back down stairs apparently tackled the same cousin and arm barred his ass and said he couldn't do chokes lol...

Yea I love being a dad pretty much one of the best things in life imo

Lol. That’s awesome.

Im almost 37 and bought a stupid bison hat on Amazon to play "bull fight" with my three kids (4,6,8) and I work up a sweat wrestling and I noticed I don't get as tired since starting cross fit a year ago and when I got a good nights sleep (not often enough)

I'm in reasonably good shape, and am usually smoked after wrestling with my kids. They. Do. Not. Quit.

It's definitely one of the best parts of fatherhood.

Same. But as long as I can catch the little SOB and toss him around then I am not too old. I don't know what I am going to do when he is my size, but I have 2 feet and about 150lbs to figure that out.

Mid 30’s here... dude it’s like doing shuttles sprints all day, every day, without rest hahahahaha.

Unfortunately, it’s not normal I don’t think, but who gives a shit? I’ve gotten my share of weird looks for acting like a total goofball with my kids, but wrestling around, rolling in the dirt with them, and overall being one of them is one the best part of having kids. Plus, they absolutely love it.

Oh, and yeah, they wear me out. I’m over 40, so even further along than you. I will regularly be an absolute ball of sweat doing my best to get them to laugh and have a good time.

Two boys 14&11, they both play football, baseball and basketball (was able to get them to wrestle one season but it didn't stick). So whatever season we are in is what they want to do, and yeah they wear me down, but it is good. Memories they will have that I never got to experience as a kid.

Im 39, my kiddo is almost 8. Momma’s are 8.5 and 6.5.
Older 2 love wrestling and having rough fun.

Im pretty fit (not as much as I like, but prefer time with them vs the gym) and it wears me out after a while.
Usually I push through until they want a break and never admit they wear me out.

Cant throw em like I used too. 60 lbs and too wiggly in the air for safe catching......

Im pretty much always silly with the kids. I do work hard to keep em in line and am often referred to as “the biggest kid”. We explore, play, and have fun.
Someday, when most kids cant stand their parents, hopefully these ones will still want to hang out, make fart jokes, and play horseshoes or ladders.
Building strong relationships starts now. Not when they are 14.

Keep it up dads!

Keep going till you can’t. Then push a little more. Normal you ask? Don’t strive for normal.. normal takes into account all the weirdos and lesbians trying to be dad. I would take the looks you get as complements. Nothing like having a kid you can’t see though you’ve done no wrong to make you realize how important time with your other boys are. You be you. And be the best you you can.. for them. To many fatherless kids for you to even worry about normal.